Chapter 149

(A/N)

Sorry about the late-ness. Had something in the oven xD

At least it's a good reason though right ha ha ha ha I like eating judge me

********

Mitch sat down at the dinner table with booth seats, across from Avi, which led Scott to being beside him and across from Kirstie.

Avi opened the menu in front of Scott and pointed at something. "This looks like something you might want, so I thought I'd show it to you."

"Oh, thank you." Scott replied with a smile.

Kirstie smiled at Mitch. "I love your shirt!"

Mitch looked down to appreciate it again. "Thank you."

*********

Kevin was in the kitchen making dinner by himself, until he accidently let a disgruntled sound slip from his lips when he discovered the house was rid of milk and eggs, which were crucial to what he was trying to make.

Todrick was by his side in an instant. "What's the matter, love?"

"It's not... A huge deal, but we're out of milk and eggs. Which... Are kind of, sort of, important."

Todrick nodded once, and glanced around the kitchen for his car keys. "I can run out and get you some."

"No, no, you don't have to do that."

"Please. You're doing all the work. Just let me help a tiny, tiny bit."

Kevin looked over, a sympathetic expression on his face. "Okay, fine. But be careful, please?"

Todrick nodded again, giving Kevin's cheek a light kiss. "Of course. You'll check on Alex for me at some point?"

"Of course." Kevin reiterated.

Todrick walked down the hall, assuming Jake had his keys, and knocked lightly on the door.

Alex was the one to answer it, but Jake scolded him for getting out of bed a moment later.

Alex turned back to Jake after he'd opened the door. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot..."

"You forgot that you were sick?"

"Mhmm...." He hummed quietly, embarrassed. "I'm sorry, J..."

"Don't be sorry, baby. It's not a big deal. Just come back here."

Todrick saw the keys, and walked into the room to grab them. "Just needed my keys. I'm running to the store, do you guys want anything?"

Alex spoke quickly, after he'd laid down beside Jake. "J wants some kind of tea."

Todrick glanced to the bed as he walked out. "What kind?"

Jake shook his head though. "No, it's alright. I was just saying. I didn't actually want any."

Alex frowned. "Yes you did. You told me specifically--"

"But it's not important."

Alex looked back to Todrick. "I think he said 'chai'."

Todrick nodded once, and started to leave the room.

Jake spoke up again. "You don't have to do that, Todrick."

"It's not a big deal. Don't worry about it."

Alex smiled at Jake, even when Todrick walked out the door.