Chapter 171

(A/N)

So, obviously there will be a double for the anniversary :)))

Our little babies have come so far, y'all. How crazy is that?

************

Scott came running into the room in hopes of stopping the situation that had unfortunately already happened.

Scott glanced to Mitch, but hurried over to Avi instead when he saw the blood on his lips. "My God, are you okay? Why are you bleeding?"

Avi just rolled his eyes, as he took a step away to change his shirt as he'd originally intended to do. "Your Omega decided to hit me in the face this morning."

"He did what?"

Mitch was distracted with Kirstie's closet, or he'd have defended himself.

Instead Avi did him justice. "It was an accident, I'm sure. He was trying to move his head away from me, and hit my chin."

"Hard enough to make you bleed?"  He paused. "How?"

"He was about to say something really exciting."

Mitch finally caught on, and whined loudly. "Alpha."

Scott turned to him quickly, as Mitch was now tugging on his shirt. "Yes, baby?"

"I got hurt too. Kiss it better."

Scott reached out to gently caress the side of Mitch's face. "Where'd you get hurt, baby boy?"

Mitch nuzzled into his touch, and closed his eyes. "I found you."

"Found who?"

"You. My Alpha. I knew it wasn't the smaller-ish person I woke up next to."

Avi raised an eyebrow at him, but didn't say a word as he headed back into the bathroom.

Scott grinned at him. "You're adorable... Tell me where you got hurt, Sweetheart."

Mitch pointed to the top of his head. "This is where I hit that Alpha's chin."

Scott was already the perfect height to just lean over and kiss Mitch's head, gently, in case the spot was still sensitive. "I'm sorry, baby. I hope it heals quickly."

Mitch reached up to touch the now fading bruises around Scott's eye. "Same to you."

Scott picked up on the change in Mitch's voice in an instant. "Are you back with me, baby?"

Mitch nodded, giving him a small smile. "Yeah... I, uh... I'm sorry you felt the need to sleep in someone else's room last night. I didn't know you were that upset."

Scott glanced over at the bathroom. "Let's talk about this another time, okay?"

"No. We're going to talk about it now."

"At least come with us to our own room, okay?"

"Fine."

"Are you sure your head is okay?"

Mitch's eyes softened a little at Scott's kindness. "Yes, Alpha." Mitch set his hand on Scott's chest, just to stand up on his tip toes and give him a kiss.

Scott's hands found Mitch's waist to keep him there, keeping Mitch at the same height, even when Mitch moved away just enough to meet Scott's beautiful eyes.

They stayed that way for a second, searching each other's faces in an attempt to check up on each other.

Scott spoke quietly. "Promise me that we're going to make it."