Chapter 136

After making breakfast, the two Betas split up to wake the others, knowing they all had to be at the Counsel before lunch.

Esther was already on her way over to watch Grace until they came back home.

Kirstie and Avi were woken up first, so they could have a few extra minutes to take care of Grace as well as themselves.

Todrick then moved into Alex and Jake's room to wake them too.

Kevin was now upstairs, knocking loudly on Scott and Mitch's door, a new wrap for Scott's hand in his grasp.

Mitch threw open the door with a wide smile, only wearing one of Scott's flannels on his torso, just barely long enough to cover himself.

Scott walked out of the bathroom, appearing to have just come out of the shower, and he smiled at Kevin. "Hey."

Kevin showed him what was in his hands. "How's your hand feeling?"

Scott shrugged, holding it up to his face, before experimenting with moving some of the bones in his hand. "Not great."

Kevin nodded once, took a few steps forward, and patted the edge of the bed. "Would you please take a seat? It should only take me a minute."

Scott nodded, and immediately did as he was told. "So what exactly are we doing?"

Kevin began wrapping Scott's hand as he spoke. "They're just going to ask you a few questions. Nothing serious. You haven't given them any reason not to trust you, but they just want to be sure."

Scott nodded, watching him work curiously. "Are they going to bug Mitchie too?"

"Probably. But I'm sure you can request to be spoken to at the same time, so you can supervise the questions they ask him. If you're worried about that."

"Okay. Thank you." Scott glanced at Mitch, who was just standing beside him waiting for attention. "Baby, go put some pants on."

Mitch looked down at himself, giggled, and then nodded before turning to do just that.

Scott shook his head fondly at him, and then turned back to Kevin, who was smiling.

Scott tried to catch his eye. "What are you smiling about?"

"You two make me laugh."

"Yeah? Why?"

"I don't know. You're just.. So darn cute."

Scott blushed a little, looking down at his hand. "Well thank you. Though I must assure you.. Mitchie is the cute one. I just work here."

"You've told me that before."

"And it's still true."

Mitch walked back over to him, holding up two different shirts that were both Scott's, holding them up for Scott to choose one.

Kevin raised an eyebrow at him. "Have your own shirts begun to collect dust yet, Munchie?"

Mitch giggled. "No. Not yet."

"Give it time."

Scott looked to Mitch too, and shrugged at him. "Pick the shirt that you think I should wear, and then you can take the other one."

Mitch glanced down at the shirts, and then handed one to Scott. He quickly turned to walk to the other side of the room to change, hoping he made the right decision.

But knew that if he didn't, Scott would trade shirts with him in a heartbeat, just to make him happy.

Once Kevin finished doing Scott's hand, he set a hand on Scott's arm. "Does that feel okay?"