Chapter 179

The drive to the campground was only about two hours away, and Avi didn't mind driving the entire way.

Just as Kevin had promised, he took care of everything so Avi wouldn't have to. Including setting up the tents, and putting the tarp on the ground underneath it.

Todrick agreed to help as well, so he was the one to make lunch for everyone as they got settled into their tents.

Avi and Kirstie were unpacking, just as Kevin and Jake now were, while Alex wandered onto the campground next door, where another pack was.

The first thing he noticed, was that the pack consisted entirely of girls. Alex smiled widely at one of them, who walked over quickly.

She smiled at him. "Hi! How are you? I'm good, if you're wondering."

"I was. I'm good too! What's your name?"

"Sydney. What's yours?" She asked, true excitement in her eyes.

"I'm Alex!" He replied happily.

Avi noticed his absence, and walked a little closer, but not very close. "Alexander! Come here, right now!"

Alex jumped in fear, but smiled still. "Well, I have to go. Nice to meet you!"

Another female in the pack walked out of the large tent they had set up, and Alex knew she was an Alpha the moment she spoke. "Don't speak to strangers, what are you doing?"

Sydney jumped as well, almost exactly like Alex had, only she turned to rush over to the Alpha in an instant. "Sorry."

Alex smiled at the both of them, and then turned to run back to his own campground.

Avi smacked his arm as soon as Alex was close enough. "Don't walk away from me. Never, ever go off by yourself. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir! I'm so sorry."

Jake grabbed Alex's arm to pull him away from Avi, and smiled at him. "Hey, babe... Where'd you wander off to?"

Alex turned and pointed at the camp next door. "I just wanted to see who we were living next to. I didn't mean to do anything wrong."

"I understand. Meet anyone interesting?"

"Their pack is entirely made up of girls! How cool is that? I've never seen a pack like that before."

"Oh, you're right. That's pretty neat."

Kevin walked past them all of a sudden, heading toward the other campground, but Alex grabbed his arm. "Wait, don't get in trouble!"

Kevin turned to him. "What?"

"If you go over there, the Alpha is going to yell at you!"

Kevin frowned, and looked over to Avi. "I'm going to say hi to our neighbors. That's all."

"Fine. Get out of here."

Kevin nodded, and then looked to Alex and shrugged. "That wasn't so bad."

Alex was confused, and he frowned. "That's not... I don't think that's fair."

"You can come with me if you want." Kevin offered.

Avi turned again to snap at them. "No he can not. I told him no."

Kevin gave Alex a sympathetic look. "Oh. I guess not, then. I'm sorry."

Alex held Jake's hand and shrugged. "It's okay."

Avi looked at Kevin again. "Don't go alone. Get Todrick."