I laughed. "Nickolas, you are the one who suggested that. I didn't agree to go out with you so nice try but no."

"Quit calling me that!" He shouted.

"Quit putting words in my mouth!" I shouted back.

"You wanna know what I wanna put in your mouth?"

"Nickolas!" I yelled and he stood there laughing as he lit a cigarette.

"I was talking about one of these by the way." He said pulling on the cigarette. "I don't know what you were thinking." He winked at me.

"Get out of my room."

"Get out of my head first."

"That is not my fault." I said.

"It is, you're so damn beautiful."

"Are you done making me annoyed?"

"Are you done driving me crazy?" He smirked.

"Crazy enough to leave?"

"Crazy enough to never want to." He said finishing the cigarette.

"Do you ever get tired of talking?"

"Do you ever get tired of rejecting me?"

"Yes, I am tired now so please just leave." I sighed.

"Does that mean that you finally accept me?"

"Nickolas."

"Ok, alright. I got you." He laughed softly and walked up to me holding my hand and pulling me closer. "But if you ever call me that again there's gonna be consequences, ok?" He smiled tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I am not afraid of you."

"I'm not asking you to be afraid, Angel. I'm just asking you to give me a chance." He lucid eyes looked at my face like it was the most valuable thing in the world and I wondered if he always looked at me like that.

"Nick..."

"Yea?" He spoke eagerly.

"I−

"Jennifer? Jennifer!" A female voice was shouting my name outside. Immediately I pulled out of Nick's hold and ran in the voice's direction.

"What's going on? Who's this?" I asked Garrett who had led the woman to our house.

"Um, this is Angelica. She's Vince's friend. She brought him here. I don't know what's wrong with him Jennifer. We have to do something." Garrett spoke in a rush. I almost heard everything he said however I was distracted when Aiden walked inside holding Vince's unconscious body.

"Vince!" I shouted rushing over to him. Aiden placed him on the sofa and I hovered over him trying to get a pulse. "He's barely breathing! What happened to him?" I yelled.

"I don't know. It's not the first time this happened but it's the first time he's never woken up. I didn't know what to do and just before he knocked out he told me to bring him here." Angelica said with tears rushing down her face. "Please do something. I don't want Vince to die. Please."

"I won't let him die. I just, I don't know what's wrong." I said touching his face which was so hot that I pulled away quickly.

"Jennifer, please help him!" Angelica insisted.

"I'll try ok, just don't worry." I said taking a deep breath and placing my hands on his bare chest despite the sting of his scorching skin. I closed my eyes and began but it wasn't working.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"I can't heal him." I said confused.

"What do you mean you can't?"

"His body is rejecting my powers. I don't know why." I said trying again and again but failing each time. "Vince come on! Come on!" I shouted.

"Jennifer stop you're gonna hurt yourself." Avalon warned behind me. "Jennifer stop it, you're trying too hard, it's not working stop!" She shouted.

"I have to help him!"

"Jennifer stop it!" It was Jessie who yelled at me now.

"No!"

"Jennifer!" They all yelled and I felt someone yanking me off of Vince.

"Let go of me Nick. Let go! I have to help him!"

"You can't!" He yelled at me. "I am not gonna stand here and watch you kill yourself Angel."

"It's not your choice to make Nick!"

"I don't give a shit!"

"Enough! All of you!" Satyr silenced us all. She walked to Vince and placed her hand on his forehead for about a minute with her eyes closed. When she was done she stood up.

"What's wrong with him Satyr?" I asked.

"Vince is turning into one of them." She looked at us. "One of those creatures."

"You gotta be kidding me." Nick sighed.

"Please tell me you know how to fix this Satyr." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry Jennifer." She looked at Vince with tears in her eyes. "I don't."