Fifty Eight

Louis furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the curly haired man who was sitting at the kitchen table in just a pair of briefs and an over sized sweater

Louis furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the curly haired man who was sitting at the kitchen table in just a pair of briefs and an over sized sweater. He was just staring at the table with his hands picking at the ends of his sleeves. His feet were placed with one on top of the other, which looked adorable to the smaller man but he was more worried than in love.

He could recognize the signs that Harry was showing. Being depressed himself, he could see the blank facial expression that always rested on his face more than usual. The fake smile that didn't reach up to his eyes. And the denial to do anything to brighten his mood when he suggested it.

Maybe he just doesn't want to do anything. During the winter time many people get lazy, he reasoned with himself as he watched him out of the corner of his eye. But many people don't try or succeed in killing themselves without feeling some kind of sadness.

"Harry, you okay?" He called out, earning a look from the curly haired man before he nodded lightly and returned to picking at his sleeves.

Louis stood and walked over to the table, taking the seat beside him to see that his eyes were watering slightly. "Talk to me. I'm here to help." He softly said, placing his hand on his thigh only to pull back when Harry flinched under his touch. He furrowed his eyebrows and sat back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry." Harry whimpered, rubbing at his face angrily as he shifted in his seat to not slouch. His watery red eyes looked towards the smaller man who was waiting for him to explain. "I've just been feeling a bit down lately. Don't worry though, it will go away."

"That doesn't explain why you just flinched away from me right now."

"My body is still a bit sore." Harry lied, hoping that Louis would believe it but the disapproving look he received only made him sigh. "I cut on my thighs and they haven't healed yet so they are still sensitive."

That one Louis believed. The smaller man pouted and uncrossed his arms to pull him into a hug with his arms going around his neck and Harry's wrapping around his waist. "Oh, Harry," he cooed, rubbing his back as he swayed them slightly. "If you're feeling down, we should go to my doctor. Just to be sure you know."

"Just because i'm sad for a few days doesn't mean i'm depressed." Harry retorted, his arms going from his waist to rest against the table again. He frowned as he felt Louis pull away.

"If you attempt suicide multiple times then I think you're a bit depressed." Louis noted, making the curly haired man quirk a brow because he didn't plan on telling the man about that so he was curious as to how he knew. "I saw the blades and the rope."

Harry looked away and clenched his jaw, running a hand through his hair as he glared at the couch to distract himself from angrily looking at the smaller man for looking through his things. He knew he had a right to and that what he did is explainable if he told him the main reason as to why he was feeling this way and committed the action but he couldn't tell Louis.