Forty Six

"I'm scared

"I'm scared." Louis softly said, looking down at his shaking hands that trembled with each breath he took. He appreciated that Harry wasn't hovering over him with an annoyed expression but more of an understanding one.

The curly haired man didn't tap his toes as he waited. He didn't let out sighs of annoyance or cross his arms in boredom. He stood there and watched the blue eyed man, giving him a small dimpled smile.

"Its going to be okay." He whispered soothingly, resting his hand on the sink counter as he cocked his head to the side so he could see the man's face as he debated on what to do.

"But what if I need them? Its my only way of-" Louis paused, glancing up at his partner. "It makes me feel good."

"I'm supposed to do that, love." Harry hummed, his eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks as he waited patiently. He knew it was hard for him but he would be there for him. Every second he needed it.

"But, you cant give me the relief they do." Louis murmured as he opened his hand to reveal all four of his blades. He didn't want to let them fall into the toilet that he had been standing over for ten minutes. He couldn't let go.

"I know that." Harry noted, "But we could come up with a phrase or something so i know when you feel the need to do it again." His free hand went to the small of his back, rubbing his thumb carefully against the fabric of his shirt.

Louis opened his mouth to say something but closed it when he realized that he was stalling. "Can I just do one cut? A little one?" He dared to ask, earning a look from the curly haired man. "Please."

"No, Louis."

"Ugh, fine." He mumbled, gnawing at his bottom lip as he hesitantly flipped his wrist over. He winced when the blades splashed against the water, making him immediately regret his decision. His bottom lip trembled as he looked at the submerged pieces of metal that helped him through years of stress and depression.

"It's okay," Harry softly said, noticing how the man wanted to desperately reach inside the bowl and collect them back into the palm of his hand. "You're cleansing yourself from that sick addiction."

Louis nodded slightly even though his mind was blank. He just has to flush the toilet and they'll be gone.

"Can you do it?" He whispered, stepping back as Harry reached over and pressed down on the handle with ease. His blue eyes followed them as they swirled down the drain until they were gone.

"C'mon, we got one more thing to do." Harry stated, slipping his hand into Louis' hold before leading him out of the bathroom and into the room so they could get dressed.

Louis dressed himself in a shirt with a hoodie, a pair of ripped jeans and his Adidas while Harry put on just a hoodie and jeans with boots.

Louis wished he had the ability to not feel the cold. His teeth chattered the whole walk to the pharmacy. His hands were buried deep in his jacket pocket with one grabbing onto his prescription bottle and the other in a tight fist.