Six

Louis had been staying with Harry for a week now and he no longer felt out of place

Louis had been staying with Harry for a week now and he no longer felt out of place. A few days ago he had snuck into his old apartment and took all of his belongings; even the pictures. He still felt weird when Harry would leave at random times throughout the day and come back in a better mood but it was his business.

He had been feeling a bit sad from being apart from his home but now he felt like Harry's home was his as well. He was also feeling down when he would be left alone with his thoughts in the apartment.

All he could think about were the things Liam would say to him on a daily basis. Worthless was the first word that came to his head when he thought of Liam. The word left his lips numerous times and it always stuck with the boy.

Currently he was in the living room watching the tv that he cleaned himself with his hand down his pajama pants as he scratched at his thigh. He was used to the pain of opening his cuts. It just reminded him that he wasn't numb and that he was actually doing something.

Harry was in the shower getting ready to go out for the third time that day. He was angry that the want to kill was so strong but its not like he could just ignore it.

What he could do was hide all sharp objects that were in the shower because every night Louis stayed with him the boy got drunk and every night he would see his scars. It made him wonder how a 20-something-year-old was still cutting himself but he didn't know what went through Louis' mind.

With a sigh he shut off the water and grabbed all of the razors in sight before padding towards the medicine cabinet behind the mirror and placing them on the empty white shelves.

He grabbed the towel on the toilet seat and tied it securely around his waist before padding out of the steamy bathroom towards the kitchen where he went to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

He knew that Louis was still in the living room and that his chest and abs were still wet from the water but he couldn't help but tease as he raised the bottle only to flex his arm muscle that surely drew Louis' attention.

Liam was never buff like that, Louis thought. He almost forgot that his hand was still down his pants but now his thumb was rubbing over the growing bulge in his briefs. His blue eyes couldn't pull away from his body as he skimmed over his tattoos.

He had a large butterfly in the middle of his stomach and two birds resting just below his collarbones. His left arm was littered with tattoos that he knew he would have to be closer to see but he could make out a large boat and an anchor at his wrist.

"I'm going out." Harry breathed when he pulled away from the bottle with swollen dark pink lips. His red eyes glistened as he made eye contact with the man who gasped when he realized what he was doing and pulled his hands away from his pants.

"Didn't you just go a few hours ago?" Louis questioned, grabbing a pillow and placing it casually on his lap to hide his now raging boner. He smiled innocently when he saw his red eyes go down towards the pillow.

"I have to go again."

"To where?"

"Ah," Harry tsked, padding out of the room since his towel was slipping off. "House rule." He reminded him, closing the door behind himself before Louis could ask another question.

>>

"Fuck," Louis groaned as he sat on the tiled floor in the shower with his head resting against wall. His eyes burned as tears fell down his cheeks and his hands shook as he cut into his skin with the blade that he kept in his phone case.

He knew he wasn't doing any better since every night when he took a shower he would add more cuts to his skin. And he knew that Harry had been hiding the blades but he didn't need them when he's had the same one for years.

"I'm sorry." He whimpered, banging his head against the wall. The water from the shower beat against his chest and his cheeks were soaked with his tears as his mind went to his relationship with Liam.

He wished he could just take it all back to when their relationship was filled with cuddles and late night ice cream runs instead of punches and nights full of crying.

"Oh, god." He gasped, his thighs were burning from the water splashing against his crimson skin. He placed the blade down and slowly crawled on his hands and knees towards the handles to turn off the water because his skin was already pruned and he had to get out before Harry came back.

He slowly slid the door open and grabbed the roll of bandages that he had placed on the floor knowing he would need them, rolling around his thighs like he had been doing for years.

After he was bandaged and dried off, he hung his towel behind the door and padded out towards the living room in his plaid pajama pants and black shirt. He took a seat where he was previously and wrapped himself around in the large soft blanket, laying down on the pillow that was placed against the arm rest as he blankly watched tv.

Hours later Harry came back and he couldn't help coo at the sight of Louis sleeping on the couch.

"Lou," He softly said, standing a few steps away from him. He noticed how his jaw was clenched tightly and he had a light red tint under his eyes like he had been crying. "C'mon, get up."

Louis didn't move. He was in a deep sleep and Harry was starting to realize he would have to move him.

Harry sighed and slid his arms under the man's arms and his knees, lifting him easily from the couch but freezing when he heard a small whimper. He scanned his body to see where he was hurting and his jaw was immediately clenching when he noticed a blotch of red seeping through his pajama pants.

We're going to have to talk about this, Harry thought. Instead of carrying him to the bed, he brought him into the bathroom since he wouldn't let Louis sleep like that.

"Louis, i'm going to set you down on the toilet seat cover." He hummed, carefully placing him on the lid and making sure he was sitting upright before getting down on his knees to slowly remove his pajama pants.

"Wait," Louis exhaled, his eyes not opening but his hands going on top of Harry's that were already at the hem. "You cant-"

"I already know about them." Harry softly said, waiting for him to move his hands away before pulling them down to his ankles. The sight of blood didn't disgust him so he easily just unwrapped the stained ones and reapplied a new pair of bandages on his tan skin.

Louis' briefs were rolled up to his high thighs so they weren't as dirty as the pajama pants. Harry left for a brief second to retrieve a pair of his sweats, not caring that his own pants could get dirty. He slipped them up his curvy legs and then he was carefully lifting the sleeping man towards the bed like a mother would to her sleeping child.

"Thank you." Louis softly said as he made contact with the bed, curling in on himself to make a ball.

"You're welcome." Harry sighed, going to wash his hands with a strange feeling in his heart and not the tingling of his finger tips.