Thirty Five

"How are you feeling?" Louis asked Zayn as Niall and him sat in the chairs beside his hospital bed

"How are you feeling?" Louis asked Zayn as Niall and him sat in the chairs beside his hospital bed. The dark haired man had recently woken up and the two immediately headed towards the hospital when they had received the phone call from the doctor.

Niall was so excited that Louis had to drive which felt strange since he hasn't drove in months. But once they got to the hospital, they found a great parking spot in the front which allowed the blonde to run inside and hurry to his boyfriend's room.

"A little groggy," Zayn groaned, rubbing the back of his neck with a frown on his face. He had a few bruises and cuts on his face and arms which drove the blonde crazy.

He hated seeing him injured like this. Especially when he was perfectly fine a week before.

"Oh, baby," he sighed, grabbing his hand that was resting limply on his thigh. "What happened?" His crystal blue eyes beamed up at the man that he loved.

"I was driving and then some asshole just came out of nowhere and hit me dead on in the front of my car." Zayn mumbled, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "My car spun and then I just passed out."

Louis and Niall both awed. "I don't know what I would do if I was in a car accident." Louis gushed, running a hand through his fringe. "Actually, Harry told me that he had an experience when he was younger and he still doesn't drive. I guess it was really bad."

"Probably." Zayn muttered, turning to his boyfriend with tired golden eyes. "How have you been, babe?" He asked, pulling on a smile even though his side was hurting extremely bad. He couldn't even breathe without feeling a sharp pain.

He hated feeling this vulnerable. It brought him back to three years ago and he didn't like it. Not one bit.

"Good. Louis has been staying with me." Niall answered, smiling at the blue eyed man beside him. "You know, now that I think about it. Louis, you should go see Harry."

"Well then get rid of me why don't you." Louis giggled, throwing his hands up dramatically in offense. The other two laughed and Niall shook his head because that wasn't what he meant.

"Now that Zayn is up I kind of want to be alone with him." Niall rephrased, leaning in closer towards his friend as he wiggled his eyebrows. "If you know what I mean." He whispered, nudging his arm playfully.

"Should I go see him? I mean what should I even do?"

"Theres probably some sexual tension going on in his head. Why don't you show up naked with a trench coat on? Like in the movies." Niall suggested, pinching his cheeks as they began to tint a light pink.