1.) I Will Always Love You - Michael Jackson fan fiction

"I will always love you" Chapter: 1

Written hurriedly, the sealed letter lay on the small table just barely under the lamp. The light from the bulb created an eery spotlight on the crisp paper making it a distinct focal point of the room. The envelope had "Michael" thoughtfully written on the front, but still all did not seem well. In delicate black ink, the letter read:

May 1st, 1977

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the time we have spent together. The light of the world is in your eyes and pours from everything you do. Your genius is unstoppable. Remember, when we were talking about your solo career earlier? Well, I wanted to give you my full answer definitively, and I thought about it and I really think that you should go for it. Don't worry about what your family might think. Trust yourself. You've always done that before and that has always been one of the many things that I love about you. If you know that it's right, then everything will be okay - no matter what happens with you and your brothers and your father.

I wish that I believed the same for us. I wish that I could forget what we said earlier; and forget the tears that we made each other cry, and forget our problems, and forget the cold battles that we put ourselves through, but I cannot. I've come to a conclusion, but I want you to know my reasoning. I know it's not the most eloquent that I've been, but please try to understand. I'm writing this as tears run down my face. We used to talk about the heartbreaking message in our favorite Dolly Parton song, "I Will Always Love You." We both understood why something like that could happen between two people who love each other. We could feel the pain in her voice and knew that it would be hard to receive that message, as well as conceiving and delivering it. This begins to express my feelings mixed in confusion, but I'm not sure if you will ever fully understand what I'm trying to tell you and why. We are young; just turning 19 this year. I don't want to tie you down, and you know your fans would not want that either. You have given me so much already; you gave me incredible knowledge that would take years to gather; you gave me all of you and loved me fully; you showed me incredible kindness; you pushed me to my perceived limits and made me grow past them; you were irresistible and irritating all at once, but I still loved every moment because you made me better.

For these gifts, I can never repay you fully but I will start by removing myself from your life. You have so many opportunities on the horizon and what we have here is just holding us both back. It just won't work. You know this. Our schedules and responsibilities won't allow it and the fight to stay together keeps getting more fierce. Before we get to a place where our love is lost, please, let's leave it unscathed. I am too scared to come to you in person, because if I do, I feel that I will not have the courage or strength in words as I do here, with pen and paper. I am doing this out of love. This is breaking my heart. If I acted out of passion it would be selfish because I would never leave the warmth of your affection. My love, please know that I will forever support, respect, and care for you; but it is your time to grow.

I love you. I will always love you.

-Kalyani