Seventeen - ♢Keep Your Promise♢

I groaned and as I fluttered my eyes open to see that I wasn't in my room. I blinked furiously, making my vision clear to see where I was.

The room was extremely white and the bitter smell of medicine hit my nose. I must be in a hospital.

"You're awake?"

I turned to my right and saw my oppa sitting beside my bed and holding my hand.

I lightly smiled at him as I tried to sqeeze his hand which was holding mines.

"Oppa."

My voice was weak and my throat was dry. I felt like knives were cutting through my neck whenever I speak.

"Dè Jina, oppa's here. Do you need anything?"

He sounded so worried and I immediately felt guilty for making oppa feel like that.

"I want a cup of water please."

My voice was merely a whisper but oppa must have heard it since he nodded and went to the other side of my bed where they had already prepared a cup of water for me.

He helped me sit up in my bed and handed me a cup of water. I drank it all in one shot. I didn't know what made me thirsty but my throat cooled with the liquid flowing through it.

I put the cup down and leaned against the bed and I asked oppa to sit on the bed with me. He complied as he held both of my hands in his.

"Jina-ah, would you go away from Korea if I asked you to?"

My eyes immediately searched his when he told me that and I stared at him confused as to why he said that.

"Waeyo oppa? (Why oppa?)"

"I want you safe Jina. I know you've been having nightmares, it's Lee Sana isn't it."

I prevented meeting his gaze since what he said was right. Lee Sana is back to torture me again and this time, she was different.

Oppa held my hands tighter and I looked up to stare at him. He had tears in his eyes and they were falling like rain. So effortlessly.

"Please Jina. Go somehwere away from Korea, so that you can be safe. At least stay there till everything has cooled down. It's a hard decision for me to let you go from me but I can't handle seeing you getting hurt. So do this for oppa Jina. Please."

I stared into his tired and worried eyes and I felt a pang in my heart seeing him so defeated like this. Oppa always protected me and now he'll even protect me if the situation is something he can't handle.

I thought about it and maybe, it would be better being away from Korea for a short time. I guess I should.

"Kudae oppa, I'll leave Korea."

He squeezed my hands and leaned over to give me a hug. Tears fell down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Don't worry Jina. You'll be back here when everything is solved. Saranghae Jina. Oppa will always miss you and keep you safe."

"Ara oppa. (I know oppa.) I'll miss you too. When and where am I leaving?"

"I'm sending you to Eomma and Appa in California in 3 days. The doctor said you need plenty of rest before you go. It might give you time to say goodbye to the hyungs and Yoori."

I nodded in his shoulder ad we continued to embrace each other. I'm going to miss my life here. Why does she ruin every happiness I have?

---------------------------------------

"Jina!"

I looked up from my phone and was attacked by a big hug. I chuckled and circled my hands on her.

"Sorry for worrying you Yoori."

"Sorry? That's all you've got to say for making me worried to death. Ya! Don't you ever faint on me, you hear me?"

I nodded and she just laughed while embracing me again.

"Can I have a hug now?"

I pulled away from Yoori and saw Jimin oppa standing there. I smiled at him when Yoori released me.

He came towards me and gave me a warm hug which I would miss when I'm gone.

"Let's give them privacy."

Kookie oppa suggested as the BTS oppa gave me smiles, saying that they were grateful seeing me awake.

"You worried me so much Jina. I nearly died seeing you almost lifeless in my arms when I carried you here. Please, never do that to me again."

"Mianhe Jimin oppa. I worried you so much right?"

He let go of me and sat on the bed in front of me while drawing circles on my palm. I stared at his eyes which showed a shimmer of love that Lee Sana said was for me.

"Jina-ah, I know it's not the right time to tell you this but, I love you Jeon Jina. And I want to protect you. I may not be the kind of boyfriend you want but you're my only one. I've never looked at any other girl, the way I look at you."

My heart felt warm from what he said and I touched his cheek giving him a smile and a nod.

"I love you too Oppa. You're the one who cared for me unlike my ex boyfriend did. You were there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, when I need someone to tuck me to sleep. You're the kind of boyfriend I would ever wish for oppa. So I'd be honored to be your girlfriend."

He smiled as he embraced me in another hug as I did the same. Tears were in my eyes as I tried so hard to prevent them from falling.

I want you to be happy before I leave Jimin-ah. I don't want to leave you, but I have to, in order for me to have a future with you.

He let go and stared into my eyes. His eyes were filled with many emotions explaining how much he loved me.

"I love you so much Jina."

I smiled at those words when he leaned in and closed the gap between us. His lips were soft, as he guided me in a slow passionate kiss.

He soon let go and placed his pinky finger in front of me. I gave him a confused look and he smiled while grabbing my pinky finger with his.

"Promise me that you'll love me forever."

I smiled and nodded.

"I promise."

He smiled and didn't let go of my pinky.

"Now you tell me something to promise."

I chuckled and tried thinking of something to say. Then, I thought of something.

"Promise me that you'll hold me forever, even if I'm far apart, you'll never let go and hold me tight."

He was quite confused but I stared at him with worried eyes, hoping he would promise.

"I promise Jina. I'll never let go of you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and placed his chin on my shoulder.

My head was on his shoulder with tears falling down my cheeks, recalling what he said. He loves me so much, and he'll never let me go.

Please Jimin-ah, please keep your promise.