Seven - ♢Late Regrets♢

"Jina-ah, wae gurae? (what's wrong?)"

I snapped back to reality and noticed that all eyes were on me.

"E-eò, amugeosdo (It's nothing)."

I quickly composed myself and acted like nothing happen while I nervously glanced at Yoori, Doyoung and Taeil, who were looking at me.

I gave them a reassuring smile, then continued on cutting the steak on my plate.

"Wait, Mark Tuan? Jina-ah, isn't he your bestfriend back in high school?"

My hands froze again and now I turned towards my oppa in shock.

My hands were trembling furiously and I quickly set the knife and fork down and hid my hands under the table again.

"E-eo, yea. We haven't been in touch lately. Since he's an idol and all."

I chuckled nervously in order for him to not grow suspicious and glanced around at Yoori, Doyoung and Taeil for help.

"Uh... Eric! Where's the dessert? I heard it's the special today. Jungkook hyung, you have to try it. It's their special gourmet."

"Kudae? (Really?) I'll give it a try."

He smiled sincerely to Doyoung and continued on eating his meal. I relaxed visibly that he had dropped the subject about Mark.

--------------------------------

"It's time to go home!!" Jimin oppa exclaimed and everyone nodded in agreement.

I glanced at my wrist watch and saw that it was 3pm in the afternoon. I thought for a while before talking.

"Oppa! You guys go ahead, I'll be back soon. I have something to do."

"Huh? What do you have to do?"

"I'll tell you when I come back. I won't be late I promise. See you all back at the apartment."

I waved and turned around without waiting for their response. I needed to check up on something.

I walked down the familiar street and glanced up at the building which I used to admire everytime I come here.

This place was our place, before we grew distant. I had never forgotten this place. I used to come here whenever I'm stressed with school work or school life with those bitches.

I took a right turn at the end of the street and opened the door to the familiar white building. I entered and walked further inside until I was met with the white lights displaying a large ice-skating stadium.

I walked towards a small locker located on the side of the ice rink where my ice skates were located.

I wore the skates and slowly walked towards the rink. When I entered I looked towards the rightmost corner where I found the familiar black shirt and pants.

I skated towards him and stopped just a feet away from him. He had his head down between his hands which were on his knees.

"You still remembered this place."

His face immediately looked up at me wide eyes which I just replied with a small smile.

He glared at me and turned away.

"What are you doing here?"

His tone was stern and agressive which tells me that he doesn't want to talk with anyone.

"You think I would believe that you'll remain locked up in your dorm? This is the first place you would come to everytime you're upset."

"AND WHOSE FAULT DO YOU THINK IT IS?!"

He completely stood up and looked at me with those dark intimidating eyes. All I see was rage, anger and hurt.

My heart soften by looking at him and mustering up my courage, I skated the remaining distance between us.

I now stood exactly one inch in front of him. I lifted my right hand up and cupped his face. I felt him flinch and he touched my hand with his, but did not pull it away from his face.

"What happened to you? Where was the Mark I used to call my bestfriend? The Mark who always stays by my side no matter what? The Mark that..."

I stopped mid-sentece, debating on if I should continue my sentence or not.

".... I was in love with for 7 years."

I whispered the last sentence while holding back the tears which were brimming my eyes.

He looked at me shocked and immediately his eyes were filled with confusion and regret.

"B-bwo? (What?)"

His voice was merely a whispher and I let the tears to fall down my eyes.

"Mark, ever since the day we became bestfriends, I've always had feelings for you. Those little things you do for me, everything was special to me but you always say that it was an act of friendship. Not once did you ever told me you felt the same way. It was also my fault for not telling you my feelings and now, we're both hurt."

"Jina-ah..."

Tears were also falling from his eyes and he immediately pulled me in for a hug. He buried his face in my neck and wrapped his arms around my back tighter.

"Mianhe, mianhe. (I'm sorry) I should have known. Pabo pabo. (Stupid)

He started cursing himself and I wrapped my arms around him and soothingly rubbed his back.

"Kwenchana. (It's alright)"

He pulled away and stared deeply into my eyes. I saw nothing but guilt and love lingering in his eyes.

"Jina-ah, you have no idea how much I love you."

He sobbed and his hold on my shoulder tightened.

"I love you so much, that it hurt seeing you in someone else's arm. When someone else hug you, hold you and kiss you, all I wanted to do was kill myself for not confessing sooner because I lost you to someone else."

He cried again and I immediately held his face and wiped the tears which were falling rapidly on his face.

Without warning, he leaned in and planted his soft lips on mine. His eyes were closed and he pulled me closer by my waist.

I let out a single tear to escape my eyes and lightly closed my eyes. I could feel all his emotions in this kiss.

It was like he was giving me a message. A message telling me that he loves me so much but is too late to have me now. This kiss was the last thing he will get from me.

He slightly pulled away and opened his eyes.

"I won't get a chance with you, anymore isn't it? It's too late now."

I smiled apologectically at him and let go of my hand from his face.

"Mianhe (I'm sorry) Mark."

He let out a frustrated sigh and immediately hung his head low. He let go of me and took a step back.

"You'll find love again. Someone better than me. You'll love her more than the world and she'll be your everything. Just wait for that person."

I lastly gave a peck on his cheeks and turned around to leave this rink without turning back.

I'm sorry, Mark. It's always bad and hurtful to get late regrets.

Young Forever (A BTS Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara