"Yeah. Thank you, Kev."

Kevin smiled at him. "You're very welcome, Alpha."

*********

They left the house just as Esther and Darien arrived to care for Grace.

Kevin rushed everyone to eat breakfast before they went, and grabbed a few travel cups for the Alphas to take their coffee in, knowing that today was the day they would need it.

No one really knew what kind of questions were going to be asked, but no one was really worried about it either.

Until they got close to the building itself. That's when the Omegas began to squirm.

Alex tugged on Todrick's shirt, although Todrick was driving and Alex was in the seat behind him.

Todrick glanced at him in the rear view mirror. "What's wrong, Allie?"

"Are they going to ask... Personal questions?"

"It's possible. But don't worry, honey. Jake will be right next to you the whole time."

Mitch looked over at Scott, beside him. "You're going with me, right?"

Scott nodded, and leaned down to kiss Mitch's forehead. "Of course."

Kevin turned in his seat to look at the others in the car, searching for Avi. "Alpha? You're probably the only one that might have to go in alone. But you can sit in on Kirstie's, even though she can't sit in on yours."

Avi nodded, before looking out the window again. "Okay."

Alex frowned, looking to Kevin for an answer. "He has to go in alone? That's not fair."

Kevin gave him a small smile. "I know. But... As the Lead, he might have to answer some questions that our Omegas shouldn't hear."

"But why does he have to go alone? Can't a Beta go with him? Or one of the Alphas?"

"I suppose they could. Though I'm sure Avi would be perfectly fine on his own."

Scott smirked, and leaned forward in his seat to set a hand on Avi's shoulder, giving it a quick squeeze. "I'll go with you, babe."

Avi rolled his shoulder to push Scott's hand away from him. "Don't be gross."

Scott chuckled and leaned back in his seat.

Kevin responded to this. "That's actually not a bad idea."

Avi didn't have the heart to even argue. "Fine. Whatever."

Kirstie squeezed Avi's hand. "Alpha? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah."

"Please don't lie to me." Kirstie pleaded quietly.

Avi looked over to her, and felt bad, so he spoke up. "I'm sorry, Princess."

"Just tell me what's wrong."

"Ask me again later."

Kirstie opened her mouth to respond, but closed it, and nodded. "Yes, Sir."

*********

Albert was the first one to greet them when they walked into the building, and he seemed very stressed and preoccupied.

He gathered them close to a wall so he could speak to them, the entire building loud with noises of construction and many people talking as the interviews were taking place.

Albert looked to Avi when he spoke. "I'm just warning you now; Some of the Alphas and Betas here aren't safe to be around. We had to do check ups on everyone. Absolutely everyone, even the people that I know aren't going to be allowed into the organization. So please, please, keep an eye on your Pack. Your Omegas, and your Betas."

Avi nodded once. "Got it. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Your interviews will begin at noon, so just meet me in the cafetorium at that time and I will direct each of you to your specific interview rooms."

Avi nodded again. "Okay... During the interviews... Am I allowed to send people in pairs?"

"Absolutely. I recommend that, in fact."

"Okay. Thank you."

Albert turned to see another pack walk in the door, and he walked away quickly after leaving them with a smile. "See you at noon!"

Avi glanced at Kevin, having to speak over the consistent stream of noise. "What time is it?"

"A little past eleven."

"Oh, okay. That's not that bad."

Kevin turned and struck up a conversation with Todrick, who was holding one of Alex's hands because Alex hated how crowded the room was.

Jake was holding one of Alex's hands, and holding his coffee in his other hand.

He allowed Alex to have a sip of it, just to distract him from how scared he was. Unfortunately, when Alex was handing it back to Jake, as soon as Jake grabbed it, a Pack walked past them and bumped Alex roughly.

Mitch, who was standing beside Jake, was too shocked to even cry out when he felt the hot coffee spill all over his jeans.

Scott was too late when he pulled Mitch out of the crossfire, only managing to save his shoes.

Alex's hands flew to cover his mouth, just as Todrick turned to shout at whoever had pushed Alex, and Jake stopped breathing, in fear of having hurt Mitch.

Jake set a hand on Mitch's shoulder to get his attention. "Oh God, I am so, so sorry. Are you okay?"

Mitch nodded, grateful that the coffee wasn't completely scalding hot, it had only been warm. "I--I mean... Yeah. I'm fine. Why did you do that?"

"I'm so sorry, Mitch. Someone bumped into Alex before I could grab the coffee from him and it just... Dropped... I'm really sorry, are you sure it's okay?"

Mitch looked up to Scott. "Do you have a change of pants somewhere?"

Kirstie reached across their small circle of Pack members, and tapped Mitch's arm. "I keep a change of clothes in our car just in case. I think I have some yoga pants in there... You're a bit skinnier than I am, but it should work.. I think."

Mitch nodded. "Thank you so much, Kit."

Kirstie smiled at him, and tugged on Avi's shirt. "Sir?"

He immediately turned to her. "Yeah?"

"Can I have your car key?"

"Why?"

"I'm going to get Mitchie a change of pants."

Avi nodded, grabbing the key in his pocket that Todrick had handed to him earlier. "I'll go with you."

Kirstie looked to Mitch one more time. "Hang in there. We'll only be a moment."

*********