Book 5⌇40. What The Night Brings

Chapter 40 ∣  What The Night Brings

-Eris

"Ironic enough that you have chosen your brother's killer as your future queen," King Bram's voice was loud and filled the lavish throne room. He scared me; the anger still lingered in his eyes for what I had done to Prince Kalyn. This room brought back memories I'd longed to forget, the last time I had been here was when I had been banished to Earth. Not the fondest of memories, but ones I still possessed, nonetheless.

It felt just like yesterday, that I was standing in chains wrapped in my black tattered dress, the true assassin side of me having awoken and wanting to exact revenge. Revenge not just for the way I had been treated, but for the stolen souls of my parents and those who had been cruelly ripped away from their bodies by this brutal leader. No one should have to feel that...and I regret almost taking Declan's soul. He didn't deserve that, and I was so wrong to speak about him the way I had.

My bare feet rocked slightly against the warm floor, wearing a thin material that resembled underwear in a sense, but it had a quarter size hole that allowed access for my tail to go through without ripping my clothes. I wore a top that just covered my breasts, exposing the soft, but, toned flesh of my stomach, the back allowing my wings to be released if I wanted to shift. I had forgotten about the attire in the Dominion Plane, everything about it was sexual, but it was a relief that I wouldn't ruin any more of my clothes.

Pulled up and away from my face, my long ebony hair was tied back, not able to hide behind it and my fear on display for the king. Though Keegan had returned my fractured soul to me, he kept the collar on me...which I did find odd if he was considering me to be his queen. There must have been a part of him deep down that thought I might consider killing him.

That thought had only come across my mind when his charming and seducing demeanor was turned off, allowing my thoughts to run freely. When he did allow this, the only thing I felt was pain and regret...guilt building within me and eating away at my now complete soul.

I'd betrayed Maverick.

It was one thing if Keegan forced me to have sex with him, but that wasn't the case.

I had willingly given myself to him.

I screwed up...but half of me didn't feel sorry, as there was no way Maverick could get to me. I'd already attempted to faze from this plane of existence, but the stupid collar halted my actions, as I did use my energy in order to do this...the electricity being diverted and stopping me from escaping.

Even if Maverick did somehow magically find a way to Hell, he'd never forgive me...

It had been nearly a month since Keegan had returned my fractured soul, time moving differently in this plain than on Earth. When a cruel mortal or vampire died, their soul was sent to Hell, but the transition time was nearly the equivalent to four to five weeks in Earth time.

Only a day would have passed on Earth during this time transition.

Five weeks in comparison to one day...I have forgotten how time flies in Hell...Oh Maverick, it already feels like an eternity without you. But what choice do I have? Return to be an abused toy, or stand by Keegan's side as his queen?

Which was the next order of business that King Bram brought up as Keegan stated, "Yes. I've had time to get over the fact that she killed Kalyn and a demon as strong as her, should suffice as my mate. No one will think to revolt against me."

"Well then," King Bram eyed me suspiciously, "Then we'll have your coronation ceremony tonight and then your wedding right after."

Marriage...