Book 5⌇19. Feel My Pain

Chapter 19 ∣  Feel My Pain

-Eris

Hendrix stiffened at my question, never getting the chance to answer me as the sound of the door opening had him shifting his eyes away from mine. I jumped, the door splintering as it slammed shut, heavy footsteps descending the stairs. It had been such a treat to speak with Hendrix like I was equal, but that all changed the moment Declan reached the bottom of the stairs, his eyes confused with the scene he was watching.

"Hendrix, what are you doing down here with her?" Declan emphasized the last part as though it burned his tongue to recognize my existence.

"Dec-"

Hendrix was cut off as Declan glowered at him, a low growl emanated from the back of his throat.

"Alpha," Hendrix mindfully corrected himself. It appeared these two were normally much more casual when speaking with each other, but he wanted to show his power when in front of me. If he wanted me to fear him, he really didn't have to put that much more effort into doing so. I knew I was a dead woman walking, it was just a matter of time before he decided to eliminate me. But, not without inflicting excruciating pain first.

Declan scanned my cell quickly, noticing the food that Hendrix had so kindly brought for me. He quickly strode towards the two of us, barking, "Why are you feeding her?!"

"I-If you want to," Hendrix was trying to find the right words and I could tell it was breaking his heart and it hurt him to say, "Torture her for as long as possible, she needs some strength."

Nice save...

"Hendrix," Declan's words made my heart sink, "Leave."

No, don't send away the nice wolf...

After a good five seconds of silence, Hendrix turned away from me, walking past Declan as he began to climb the stairs. Each step he took was another second closer to whatever Declan had planned for me. My breathing quickened as the door to the basement opened, closing solidly another moment later as Declan unlocked my cage door.

Don't show weakness.

Don't give in.

You can't break me. I won't let you. I've been through literal Hell and survived a lot worse than whatever you're about to do to me.

"Come here," Declan ordered, but I wouldn't move. When I hadn't obeyed his order, he took four steps into the cell, threw me over his shoulder like I was nothing and unlocked the cuff that held me in place. I wanted to scream, the fear inside of me rising once again, but I wouldn't bring myself to show him how much I was afraid.

There was a circular wooden pole that was about three feet wide near one of the corners, that is where Declan placed me down.

"Take off your shirt," his eyes held mine, my own widening with a stunned expression.

"N-no," I returned, my voice sounding not as strong as I would have hoped for.

Declan's hand was around my throat the moment I refused him, holding me in place as he ripped the fabric from my body. The shreds of what used to be my only protection fell around my feet.

One side of me kept begging to take his energy, to try, while the other half reminded me of how weak I am compared to this animal before me. The air was cold, my skin covered in goosebumps, but it only made it more uncomfortable when he snatched my bra from my chest, tearing the clasp. Embarrassment washed over me, both of my arms wrapping around my breasts.

Declan narrowed his eyes at the top of my shoulders, confused by what he saw. The hand that was gripping my neck, loosened while the fingertips of his free hand traced over the bite marks.