Book 5⌇27. Eyes Playing Tricks

Chapter 27 ∣  Eyes Playing Tricks

-Maverick

When I woke, Eris' breathing was steady, still fast asleep, her body molded into mine. It was an odd feeling before I realized her tail was wound around my right thigh. It would be a lie saying I didn't enjoy waking up like this, holding this gorgeous creature beside me.

Why is it I feel this connection to her? I know she is my beloved...if not in the sense of actual soul mates, but in a way that all I want to do is care for her, regardless of a pre-planned destiny. I won't let anything stop us from being together.

Why can't she feel it? What's stopping her from just letting go? Oh, that's right...sex demons don't have soul mates.

Shit...I need to feed.

How the fuck am I supposed to do that now? If I go find a human, I'll kill it and I am not even going to consider turning them, just to save their lives and the promise I made to Eris. No, no vampire is going to willingly offer themselves. That is...not a vampire belonging to a coven.

A thought struck me, maybe we could indulge in our pleasures...together?

I'll take her there tonight, if she is willing to skip out on another night at her job, after all, they still think there is something wrong with her.

The quiet vibration of her phone going off on the bedside table brought me out of my thoughts. Reaching with my left hand, I slid the screen open.

Brice

The caller I.D. blinked back at me.

Your ears must be burning.

Pressing the power button, it turned off, the once lit up screen was now completely dark. Placing it silently back down, I turned in Eris' hold, slowly prying myself from her arms. She was in too deep of sleep and easily gave way, her tail unwinding itself and curling around her own thigh. There was still so much about her I didn't really understand. I think having her reveal herself to me brought more questions than answers.

Exiting the bedroom and finding my clothes discarded on the floor of the bathroom, I quickly pulled them on, staring at myself in the mirror. What have I become?

Maybe I should stop running.

I miss my mother...despite my father being a complete asshole, maybe they could find some way to forgive me. It wasn't my fault, none of it was. Okay, that's a lie, my temper is my fault, but I damn well get it from my parents.

I'll make her some breakfast, I'm sure she'll be hungry and then I can ask her if she wants to accompany me to the underground rave. Yea, I'm not a part of the high-class vampire society with glittering balls filled with fancy dresses and uncomfortable dress clothes. No, rogues play it more...risqué and enjoy us without the constant snobby air about them or trying to outdo the next coven leader. That was one thing I really didn't miss.

I'll never get dressed up and go to one of those fucking stupid balls, even if I ever am accepted back. Although, maybe it would be worth it, just to see how stunning Eris looks in a floor length dress.

That was another issue altogether. Even if I did work things out, was forgiven, I have NO idea what they would think of Eris. She's not a hunter, so she has zero vampiric blood coursing through her veins. She's not a vampire either. I've never seen a coven accept any other type of beings into their society.

"I'll deal with that if we ever cross that bridge," I sighed in frustration, my hunger clouding my judgment and just causing me more irritation. I hadn't fed properly since Eris offered herself to me and her blood was so damn addicting. I wouldn't ever ask her to do what she did, that's completely wrong of me.