Book 5⌇14. You Smell Like Him

Chapter 14 ∣  You Smell Like Him

-Eris

How dare he?

He had no right to sift through my past. Of course...it would have been transferred to him through my blood. I can't believe how easily I had forgotten he could see my memories.

I could see it in his eyes...passing judgment on me.

The full moon cast its iridescent beams, shimmering on the stray puddles of water in the gutters of the street. The rain had been pouring down hard since I had left my apartment, closing myself off from the world that day. I didn't want to see anyone...speak to anyone, but now that the sun had set, I moved through the front doors of the Dv8 Strip Club.

If he's wise, he'll stay away from me.

The anger that had built up within me had slowly dissipated, replaced by sorrow. I didn't even give him a chance...but he couldn't blame me.

Maybe it's better this way...then I don't have to explain my past. But what's worse? My telling him, or Maverick seeing it for himself?

My boots echoed as I stepped down the staircase to the lower changing room, removing my jacket and lazily throwing it to the ground.

Wow...look at that, you're starting to rub off on me.

After quickly changing out of my street clothes and replacing my attire with my usual tight black booty shorts and a midriff top, I strapped my feet into my heels. Gazing back at my reflection in the mirror, the lights flickering gently, I just wished for a second chance.

I can't handle being put through the shit those two had made me endure...trusting in another dominate persona, was something I was a little uneasy about. Maverick did tell me he wouldn't hurt me...and I had been willing to surrender my control over to him with his promise.

"I have to apologize...yes, I was mad...but he didn't deserve the way I lashed out at him," I brushed my long black hair back, turning away from the mirror and climbing the stairs to the upper level of the club. "It's my own insecurities I need to work on...and I had offered him to feed on me."

**

It didn't really surprise me that I hadn't seen Maverick all night. Usually, I'm trying to use vampire repellant to keep him away, which never seemed to work. Except for now. It's my fault for telling him to go away...

"You..." I heard a somewhat familiar voice come from behind me, and rather close I might add.

Spinning around on the bar stool that I had been occupying, I held onto the top of it as I came face to face with Tristan.

What the fuck is he doing in a strip club? He looks...barely older than 18...This was a 21 and older club, so why is he in here and what motherfucking bouncer allowed him in?

If it's you, Mason, I swear I'll get your ass fired.

I tilted my head to the side, trying to figure out what Tristan was looking at.

Why...is he staring at me that way?

In his eyes, held hatred...if I didn't know any better, it seemed as though he wanted to...he has those same eyes Maverick had when he wanted to kill me. What the hell did I do?!

"Excuse me?" I asked, Tristan, taking a step closer to me as he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Is he smelling the air...or me?

Tristan's eyes snapped open and in the next moment he let out a low, threatening growl from the back of his throat.