Book 5⌇23. Alpha vs. Pureblood

Chapter 23 ∣  Alpha vs. Pureblood

-Eris

"Your quarrel is with ME!" Maverick's voice thundered with such power through the air, Declan's head snapping to the side as he growled at my rescuer. I could feel his hot breath coming from the wolf's open mouth, the crushing force he was using to pin me down felt like it would snap the bones in my shoulders.

"M-Maverick," I tilted my head to glimpse the pureblood rogue standing with Tristan in front and to the side of him. Knocking Tristan onto his knees and suddenly launching himself at Declan, he wrapped both of his arms around the Alpha and rolled him off me. The weight that lifted from my body was a relief, my head shifting in the other direction as the two rolled around on the grass, each trying to take control of the fight.

I brought my right hand up to my side, reaching to the front of my stomach, feeling the shard of glass protruding from it. It hurt to grip the glass and it proved even harder to free it from my body. Encasing both of my hands around the glass, I was about to pull it out when Maverick's voice startled me.

"Eris, don't!" Maverick saw what I was about to do, Declan biting down into his shoulder as he hissed in pain, "Un-unless you can heal instantly if you remove that you'll more than likely bleed out."

I slipped and brought my hands away from the glass, looking at the palms of my hands to see that it had made two clean slices through the center of them. Barely propping myself up on my elbows, it stung, and I was shaking slightly. The energy that I had taken was just enough to keep me from going into shock. If try to heal myself completely, the damn glass would stay put and it would be horrendously painful to remove it later. If I attempted to dislodge the glass, I wasn't sure I could heal myself in time, as Maverick appeared to know a little bit more about where the glass was located and everything it had cut through.

Well...fuck me between a rock and a hard spot...shit.

Maverick withdrew a pistol, aiming it at Declan, but he dodged the discharged dart, knocking the gun from his hand. Fortunately, Maverick managed to throw the wolf off him, rolling onto his chest and pushing off the ground. He looked at the bite mark on his shoulder, shrugging it off as he began to heal exponentially faster than I could. The wolf circled around him, howling and snarling, his eyes ever so watchful, waiting for Maverick to make a move.

What happened next, filled me with horror as Tristan staggered toward my practically incapacitated body, unable to really defend myself. The last bit of energy I had left flood through my body and into the center of my right hand, healing over the wound from the glass and raising my palm up, ready to shock him.

"Maverick!" I lost control of the energy, dissipating into the air. My vampire attempted to dash towards me and stop Tristan, but he and Declan crashed into each other, flying into the opposite direction.

My vampire...

"Tristan, stop!"

What?!

My eyes shifted and I saw Hendrix surging forward, knocking Tristan to the ground right before he reached me.

Oh no...

Tristan didn't try to get back up, whatever Maverick had done to him, had him completely weakened and in no state to fight. I was slightly afraid when a shirtless Hendrix knelt beside of me, his eyes traveling over my body and lingering on the shard of glass.

"I didn't say you could use my shirt," I was relieved to see a small smile cross his face.

I retorted, "You also didn't say I could take your energy...or seduce you...so you know...I'm so sorry Hendrix."