Valentine's Day

Harry rushed upstairs and loudly slammed the door behind him. He then leaned on it and slid down to the floor. Ron had risen from his sleep "Harry, what happened?" Ron yawned and sleepily rubbed his eyes.

"I just asked Leah out." Harry said breathlessly. Saying this Ron's eyes grew wide as if he had just seen the most amazing thing in the world. "Well it took you long enough!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was counting down the days to Valentine's day and Ron was giving him the best advice he could about girls.The latest advice that Ron had turned over was during today's Herbology class.

"Now remember to smile and wave when you see them pass by. They like the attention." Professor Sprout inspected them as they treated a plant. They both watched her as she left earhot and then continued talking again.

"Ron, do actually think that'll work? Maybe I should ask Hermione about things like this." Harry said with doubt. "Harry, Harry, Harry! I have a sister don't I and believe me I've been observing her and Dean for awhile and that's packed me with girl advice." Ron boasted.

"Observing? Seems more like stalking to me." Ron elbowed Harry in the chest slightly.

That evening Harry thought that a quick lap around the Quidditch pitch should give him some time to think. Once Harry got to the Quidditch pitch however he saw a girl speeding around the pitch already.

Harry was amazed by the skill the girl had. Going that fast yet maneuvering around the pitch with grace and poise. Suddenly the girl dove down and raced along the the pitch again, just inches above the ground. She then halted at the entrance gate.

"Harry! What are you doing here? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was no Quidditch practice today?" Leah dismounted her broom and stood so she was eye level with Harry.

"Umm, there isn't I just thought that I should take a quick round around the pitch. You know to clear my mind." Harry said "And to get out of studying no doubt?" Leah joked "Yeah that too." Harry smiled and so did Leah.

"Okay, well come on." Leah mounted her broom again Harry looked at her questioningly. "You said you were taking a quick lap around the pitch. Unless you want to be alone then I understand." 

"No...well." Leah nodded "Alright, let's have a quick race then." Harry nodded and mounted his broom. "On three.....one........" Harry got ready. "THREE!" Leah exclaimed and zoomed ahead, Harry smiled and caught up.

They raced a few more laps then they decided to call it a day. "I'm pooped." Leah exclaimed falling off her broom and lying down on the grass. "Yeah, me too." Harry said lying down beside her. There hands brushed against each other and they both turned their heads to look. 

"I should go." Leah said quickly sitting up "It's almost curfew and I should start studying for O.W.L. exams." She swiftly exited the pitch leaving Harry sitting on the grass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valentine's day finally arrived and the Clock tower Courtyard was filled with couples snuggling and sneaking kisses while waiting for Filch to dismiss them. Harry was feeling pressure, Leah didn't expect him to act like the couples in the courtyard did she?

Ron looked at him "Are you alright mate?" he asked "Yeah, fine. It's just that I'm nervous, is all." Harry replied and looked around searching for Leah or Hermione. "Relax, mate. It's not like she's gonna want to snog on the first date!" Ron muttered to Harry.

"Right. Where is she anyway?" Harry kept looking around and to other people he probably looked like an anxious idiot.

Soon enough people were starting to walk the road to Hogsmeade and Leah nor Hermione had been seen yet. Then the big oak doors opened and Hermione dragged Leah outside. "Hermione! Hermione let me go! Hermione!" Leah struggled to get out of her grasp

 "It's too late now Leah." Hermione said and stopped in front of the boys. "So here she is!" Hermione pulled Leah in front of her. Harry's eyes got wide, Leah had curled her hair at the tips and she was wearing contacts instead of glasses, like Harry was used to.

"It took her a while to get ready. Anyways have fun you guys!" Hermione then dragged Ron away, before he dissappeared into the crowd he mouthed the words "Good Luck!" to Harry.

Leah sighed aand walked with the crowd and Harry followed. 

"Harry, can I ask you something?" Leah turned to him but kept walking "Yeah, shoot!" Harry said "Well, er, what happened to you this week?" Harry was taken aback "What do you mean?" "I mean, why were you being so, what's the word, flirtacious around me? That isn't the Harry I know."

"Er, well, Ron wanted me to test out some tricks on girls just to you know, see if they work." Harry lied, Leah looked at him sceptically. "Okay what's the real reason?" Harry blushed, did she really know him this well? "Er, it's more of a guy thing." Harry rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Riiight." there was a silence between the two of them. "So I heard Oliver signed with the Chudley Cannons." Leah said casually "I think it was Puddlemere United. They were recruiting a new Keeper." "That's so Oliver! Grabbing an opportunity to get back into Quidditch right after graduating." Leah said

"Have you ever considered playing Quiddutch professionally?" Harry asked "No, I probably wouldn't make the team anyway." "Are you kidding me? I've seen you fly, if you tried out for seeker instead of me you'd probably make it instantly." Harry said "I'm not interested in that position. I'd rather try out for Chaser." That statement soon started a conversation.

'This is how it should be between us.' Harry thought. For the rest of the day they hung out, they went to the Three Broomsticks and after the trip they continued their date at the Quidditch Pitch. They went flying around the pitch until the sun was about to set.

The two of them slowed down "Hey Harry we should turn in." Leah said about to get off her broom. "No wait there's one more thing we should do." Leah tilted her head to the side in question.

"Get on the back of my broom." Harry commanded, Leah hesitated "C'mon I don't bite!" Harry reassured. Leah got onto the back of his broom "This is going to be a bit bumpy." Harry warned then took off.

They flew high into the air and flew around Hogwarts, the ride wasn't that bumpy but Leah was holding onto Harry very securely. They flew over the Black Lake and then landed at the Entrance Courtyard as it was getting dark.

By the time they returned to the Common Room. They ran up the stairs and stopped in front of their dormitories. "Good night then." Harry said but Leah tugged on his arm. As Harry turned Leah embraced him in a hug. "Thank you for today." Leah whispered in his ear. "We should hang out at the pitch more often." Harry nodded smiling.

There was a silence as the two let go of each other. "Erm," Harry started but Leah swiftly pecked him on the lips and retreated to her room.

"So that's what it feels like." Harry whispered to himself and retreated to his dormitory blushing like mad.