Shy- (Harry Potter Love story)

My third year! I was feeling quite confident, I mean I was the Harry Potter! I found the Philosopher's stone! I killed the basilisk! Not to mention I defeated Voldemort twice! 

Little did I know that was about to change ...... by a certain someone.

Well I had just regained my confidence after the certain mishap on the train with the Dementor and such. I was walking, well more like running, down the hall trying to get to Potions. "I'm never going to hear the end of it." I thought in my head turnng a corner.

Once I finally reached the Dungeons I opened the door and Snape was already starting class. Everyone turned their attention to me as I looked for a seat. I sat down in the only seat available, "Tardiness is not welcomed in my classroom Mr. Potter.... 10 points from Gryffindor!" I heard some moans from across the class.

I sat back in my chair and exhaled. I turned to the girl sitting beside me, she was wearing a Gryffindor tie but I haven't recognized her from any events in the past.

~~~~~~~~~

After class I got up and gathered my things and left the classroom only to be dragged to the side of the hallway by Hermione. "Harry! I can't believe you were late. You know how Snape treats you in class!" she nagged "Hermione I was only late! Besides I had to talk with Professor Lupin about something." Hermione let go of my robes.

"Let's get to lunch." she said and Ron and I followed behind. We entered the Great Hall and the Gryffindor table was almost filled. Then I noticed this huge gap and the girl from before sitting in the middle of the gap. I took a seat in front of Hermione and Ron sat beside me.

I kept my eyes on the girl who now proceeded to read a book. I had to admit she was very pretty, she had straight dark brown hair that fell to the shoulders a slightly pale face and blue-ish, green eyes that where framed by glasses.

Hermione obviously noticed I was staring and snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Oi! What are you looking at?" I turned my head so fast my neck made a crack sound.

"Wha? Oh... Nothing." I looked down at my plate and shoved some food into my mouth.

"Who's that over there?" I asked when Fred and George plopped on either side of Hermione.

"That my friend is Leah Green." Fred said "She's easy on the eyes but she's deathly shy." George continued. "It's true!" Hermione exclaimed "I share a room with her and it's almost impossible to get her to talk."

"I'm surprised she got sorted into Gryffindor and not Hufflepuff." Hermione muttered. I turned my head again 'she seems lonely' I thought and I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked "To sit with Leah. She probably just needs a friend." I stepped over the bench and walked towards the lone girl.

"Hi!" I greeted smiling, she looked up and blushed then she looked back at the book. "May I sit here?" she nodded and I sat in front of her.

"I'm Harry Potter." she nodded "And you're Leah am I right?" she nodded again. "You seem lonely, would you like to sit with me and some of my friends." there was a moment of silence then Leah shook her head.

Harry sighed at the failed attempt and stood up, he was about to step over the bench when he felt a hand on his. He looked up at her and his green eyes met her blue ones. Leah's cheeks turned red and looked down causing her bangs  to fall onto her face. "Could you stay for a while?" she squeaked.

There was a silence across the hall, finally the quiet girl had spoken. Harry smiled slightly and nodded in response. Leah slowly pulled her hand back and sat down red in the face and Harry sat down again.

Conversations gradually started again and the Hall was filled with chatter once more. Harry looked to his right to see his friends staring at the two of them.