Epilogue: Wish I Never

Years Later: The years past in a blink of an eye, the babies we once knew were all grown up and we couldn't be happier about it and sad at the same time, sad at the destiny that one of our children would have to face whether we like it or not. We tried the best to push it away but we knew that no matter what it will still happen.

I know destiny can be cruel sometimes but as they say, everything happens for a reason. But for whatever reason it is, a mother would never want her child to face that cruelty, that injustice. She didn't have a choice, she was born with that, she didn't just choose it. I don't know how people can be greedy and power hunger for something that wasn't theirs.

"Can I come in?" A knock snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned around to face Max who sneaked inside of the room. "What are you thinking about?" I brushed my chin with my finger as I sighed deeply. "I know that look." He stopped in front of me and brushed my arms up and down with a squeeze, leaning forward to press his warm lips against my forehead.

I closed my eyes tightly as a teardrop slipped from my eyes. "I can't, I just feel that our problems will never end." I shook my head as a sob escaped my throat and sneaked my arms around Max hips, pressing my left cheek against his chest.

"Mom? Dad? What's happening?" I wiped my tears away and pulled away from Max, facing the other way to take a deep breath and blinked my eyes away. "Are you crying mom?" I turned back around and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"No, just being silly, is nothing to worry about okay." I cupped her face and leaned her head down to kiss her forehead. "I'm just sentimental, you guys grew up so fast and made us old." I said playfully as I pulled away from her and leaned against Max who wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You guys are not old, well not that old." She teased with a grin and we both scowled at her. "What? You said we grew up fast and made you two old." I rolled my eyes at her and sighed with a smile lingering on my lips. "Anyways, Mom, Dad, there's a party and I was thinkin...."

"No, Rebekah we already talked about this, you're too young for going out on parties." Max cut her off as soon as she started and her jaw dropped, her eyes widened as she turned to look at me and I shook my head with a guilty look on my face.

"Why not?! It's not fair! My brothers are going too." She threw her hands in the air and pinned them down in a fist angrily. "I'm fifteen, not twelve! I can go to parties like a normal teen!" She rebelled and stomped her foot with a scowl.

"Rebekah, you're not going and that's final." She gasped like a fish out of water at that and whirled around with a groan, slamming the door close on her way out.

"We can't keep forbidding her do go out Max, it will happen sooner or later and forbidding her to go out won't change the way of things." He sighed deeply as we pulled each other into a hug, staying like that.

******

I was sitting in my office on my laptop handling some business when I was rudely interrupted. "It better be important." I tapped my fingers on the desk with a raised eyebrow and dropped my face as I stood up from my chair. "Where is my daughter?"

"Sir we....." I gritted out my teeth and balled out my hands, trying not to jump on them from across my desk. "She just disappeared. We went to the pack house and everything was fine until we lost sight of her."

The door burst open as Alexandra rushed inside straight toward me and bawled her eyes out. "Leave!" I barked out at them and turned my gaze back to my crying mate and my heart just shrunk. I hugged her petite body against my own and ran my hands up and down her back in a soothing manner. "We're going to find her okay, maybe she's just somewhere around the pack grounds in her wolf form."