Friday Night

{}I can't see your wings but girl you're an angel.{}

{36}The limo stopped in front of the hotel at exactly ten o'clock and I couldn't be more nervous. I was running late and the girls wouldn't stop calling me, I had more then forty missed calls, thirty from them and ten from Sebastian.

If it wasn't for my mother I wouldn't have come and it was because of her that I didn't want to come. She had the brilliant idea to make me go backless. I was just embracing this new me and she was pushing her luck but after convincing me that I looked good and that people weren't going to stare at my back because they were going to stare at me I agreed to come to the party.

She was right though, she made a good job with my makeup and hair. I couldn't stop staring at myself with a goofy smile on my face but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. My feet were cold from the nervous and I could feel myself sweating.

"Miss Arden?" The voice of the limo driver snapped me out of my thoughts and I stared down at his hand. "We're here." He nodded his head at me with a smile on his face and I took his hand, stepping my leg out to put my heel on the pavement and then stuck the other leg out.

I pulled myself out of the limo with the help of the driver and smoothed out my dress. "Thank you Finn." I smiled at the older man with a gratitude hug and walked toward the stairs. With every step I took the more nervous I was getting but I have faith in myself and I know that I can do this. "Miss Arden you're late." Jack who was standing next to another teacher said and I gave him a 'really' look.

 "Mister Jack, why not keep your comment to yourself?" He seemed shock for a moment but he didn't say anything and with a sigh he stepped out of my way. "I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." I didn't know why the sharp tongue but he didn't deserved to be talked to like that. He nodded his head understandingly and hushed me to get inside with a smile of his own.

"You can do this. Just fix your eyes on your mate and everything will be okay." I took a long nice deep breath before I pushed the door open. I was greeted with a balcony and a long stair on the side as I walked forward to touch the railing.

I looked down at the full swing party and chickened out, the way they were dressed was giving me doubts about myself and the hideous things called scars on my back. I was about to turn when Skill looked up and met my eyes, his elbow hitting Sebastian's side and made him look up at me irritated but change his face once he saw me.

I bit my bottom lip and pulled myself from the railing, walking toward the stairs and stepped down. My hand slid on the railing as I took each step carefully not to trip down and make a complete fool of myself.

I nervously walked down the steps and raised my head up shyly, my eyes narrowing around the room that suddenly turned still. It was like slow motion, everything around us seem to slow down as Sebastian made his way toward me.

My eyes widened at the size of a ball when I saw Jackson making his way toward me, my eyes were looking at the both of them as they switched left and right. I pressed my eyes closed for a brief second, praying that Sebastian was the first one to appear but I guess luck wasn't on my side tonight.

"You look gorgeous as always, radiant." Jackson took my hand and helped me down the last step, pulling my hand toward his mouth to plant a kiss on my knuckles. My eyes flickered to where I saw Sebastian coming from and my heart skipped a beat of disappointment when he wasn't anywhere in sight. "Thank you."

"I thought you weren't coming but you made it and that's what counts. Wanna dance?" My eyes looked around us to see if Sebastian was anywhere near but sighed in defeat and nodded my head at him, slipping my hand in his.