Close To Good But Getting There

{}You think I can give you the things that you want but you're wrong you're so wrong.{}

{34} "Honey are you okay?" The knock on my bathroom door made me jump and snap out of my daydream. I looked around with a sigh and turned off the handle, stepping out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I ran my hands through my wet hair and sighed deeply, flapping my lips together. I shook my head to get the dirty things my mind was filled with out and head out of the bathroom.

"How was the beach?" She ran her hands up and down my arms with a squeeze. "You look tired and worn out what happened?" I linked my arm with hers and walked toward the bed, turning around to sit on it.

"Well where do I start? Oh Jackson and I almost kissed. Sebastian and I somehow got on good terms but ended up fighting and I kind of ran him with my car but he jumped out of the way. So my plan to kill him didn't go that well. I came back home, talked to my stupid brother who left without telling me where, got in the shower and had kind of a daydream about Sebastian and I going dirty, that was pretty much my day."

"What!" My mother stood up angrily. "You almost kissed Jackson? Did I have to remind you that he tried to rape you twice! How stupid can you get Rebekah?" I flinched back at my mother's suddenly burst of anger.

"Mom, I was just caught in the moment." I don't know why she's reacting this way, she was the one who told me that's not good to hold grudge, that you need to learn to forgive people and now she's giving me this speech?

"Caught in the moment?" She shook her head as she paced back and forth, her hands on her hip and hair. "You have a mate don't forget that." I stood up abruptly, now I was the one angry. "A mate that broke up with me! What kind of mate does that? A fucking dick one!" My mother stepped back with widened eyes.

"Rebekah you need to calm down." My mother said firmly with her hands moving up and down in a calming gesture. She looked down and I followed her gaze, slowly unfolding my curled up hands. "You need to stay in check."

"Well don't talk things you don't know." The lamp on my nightstand snapped and I jumped slightly, holding my pendant. "I'm losing control, I can't this isn't working." I ran my hands down my face, my hands trembling as I paced around.

"Well you need to calm down, panicking and getting angry won't make it any better." My mother strictly and with one last glance she turned around and walked out of my room. I grunted out loudly and slumped backward on my bed, letting out a frustrated scream.

Later that night....

I drove to the place Sebastian and I used to go when we were together, it was our favorite and romantic spot. I stopped my car and got out, the cold wind greeting me the moment I opened my door and I brought my cardigan closer to my body, my hands in my pocket.

I walked further away from my car and breathed in when I heard the waves crashing against the rocks. I twirled the pendant around my neck and walked a bit more until I reached the spot, sitting down on the white sand to stare at the dark horizon.

This is just the thing I needed right now, a place that I could be alone and hear nothing but the sound of crashing waves and whooshing wind. "What did I told you about running off like that?"

A warm blanket was placed on my shoulders as Sebastian slumped next to me. "Are you stalking me now or something?" I asked him still not looking at him, my eyes focusing on the horizon. My hands grabbed the edge of the blanket to keep it from flying away. "I need to be alone."

"I know, your mother told me you ran off." He brought his knees up and slumped his arms on them, staring ahead too. The conversation died down and we sat there in silence, neither of us said a word.