Beautiful With Scars And All

{}If the sky start falling now and the World stop turning 'round. Oh yeah, did you give your everything? You better give your everything!{}

{32} I stared at myself in the mirror twice to the sides to stare at my dark peach bikini with gold flecks on it. Chains made of gold on each sides and one in the middle of my breasts, holding the cups together.

My tanned body was making the dark peach bikini pop out more. "Honey you, wow!" My mother stopped death in her tracks when she saw me in a bikini. "I was waiting for this day years ago."

I stepped away from the mirror and turned to look at my mother, feeling uncomfortable. "I don't feel comfortable in this bikini I mean look at the scars on my back, so thick and hideous. I can't do this."

My mother sighed in defeat and made her way toward me, slowly turning me around to look into the mirror. "Look at yourself, look how beautiful you are. These scars won't make you any less beautiful than you already are."

She squeezed my shoulders comfortingly and I patted her hands with a sigh. "Do you really think that or you're just saying that because I'm your daughter?"

"I'm saying this as a friend and a mother, you have a beautiful body to flaunt around so throw something on that bikini of yours and go to the beach. Show them how beautiful you are with scars and all."

I smiled at her through the mirror and nodded my head, turning my body to walk toward the bed. I tossed my cover up over my body and grabbed my shuffle back with my phone and wallet. "Thank you mom." I kissed her cheeks and made my way out of my room.

"Bye daddy." I rushed past him and yanked my keys on the cabinet as I made my way outside. I jogged toward my car and opened the door ready to get inside.

"Hey Rebekah, wait!" I turned to the side to see Jackson jogging toward me. "My car won't start and I thought that maybe I can get a ride with you." He stopped in front of me breathless, his hands on his knees.

"Of course, hop in." I slumped inside as I brought the door with me, putting my shuffle bag on the backseat and my phone and wallet under the radio. He opened the car door and slumped inside, slamming the door close.

"Thanks." He gave me the smile that used to make me blush back then and leaned in the seat with a sigh. I started the engine and turned on the air condition and radio with ready or not playing on the radio we drove off to the beach.

"So, I haven't seen you around, everything's alright?" Jackson said trying to make a conversation but gave up after I didn't answer him. "Don't take me wrong, I just don't want to talk about it." I sighed loudly and ran a hand through my hair, turning my head to look at him as we stopped in the red light.

"I totally understand Becky." He took my hand and gave it a squeeze, his thumb brushing against my knuckles. He started to lean in slowly and I found myself leaning in too, just caught up in the moment.

A beeping sound behind us made us both pulled away quickly and I blushed slightly, pushing my hair behind my ear as I started to drive again. If the person behind us hadn't beeped us I would have kissed him.

I feel sorry for using him, I was just caught in the moment and hurt at Sebastian for breaking things off. I don't want him to think that there would be something between us because that would be a lie. I could never love someone other than Sebastian, it was just written on the stars.

"I'm sorry for trying to kiss you, I don't want you to think that I'm doing this to break you and Sebastian apart." He said after minutes of totally awkward silence and I sighed softly, debating if I should tell him or not that Sebastian and I aren't a thing anymore.