Chapter Sixty One

~ Chapter Sixty One: Wedding Plans and Distractions ~

••••••••••••••••••••••••

                The news of Frodo Baggins and Esmeralda West's engagement spread like wildfire. They only told their closest friends, but by the end of the week, the entire Shire knew. The elders gossiped about it, the married couples shook their heads in disapproval, and the single Hobbits had a look of envy staining their faces. Apparently, after Frodo and Esmeralda came home from their journey, they were much more interesting and attractive in the single Hobbits' eyes.

Of course, Frodo and Esmeralda didn't let that bother them, and continued planning their wedding. They sat at the dining room table in Bag End, with an assortment of papers and pens scattered about.

"We should have it in the Winter." Esmeralda suggested.

"I don't know..." Frodo said. "That seems too far away."

"It's only two seasons away." She protested. "Anyway, think about how beautiful it would be if there was snow on the ground, contrasting with the barren trees. It would be perfect."

Frodo's lips slowly turned into a smile. "That does sound nice."

She grinned. "Winter it is, then."

She jotted the idea on paper, then looked up and tapped her lip with the pen.

"Who should we invite?"

Frodo thought for a moment. "Sam and his family, Merry, Pippin, Lilliana and Ivy, the Bagginses-"

"Not the Sackvill-Baggins." Esmeralda interrupted, writing down Frodo's words.

"Right." He agreed. "The Brandybucks, the Tooks, the Proudfoots, the Hornblowers, and the Boffins."

"Is that all?" She wondered.

"Yes." He replied.

She looked down, and finished writing the names on her paper. When she finished, she looked up to see Frodo giving her a mischievous look.

"What's that look for?" She asked.

Frodo smiled. "I just love you so much."

She studied his eyes, noticing the familiar spark that filled them.

"I love you too." She answered, smiling.

Frodo scooted closer, and wiggled his eyebrows. "There's no reason to finish the planning right now..."

Esmeralda rolled her eyes. "I know... I just like to be prepared."

Frodo stood, then walked over and kissed the back of her head. She bit her lip and held her breath, trying not to give in. His lips trailed to her ear, as he stroked her arms.

"We can finish later..." He whispered, gently nibbling her ear.

She squeezed her fingers, as her heart beat raised. Finally, she gave into Frodo's temptation. She stood, swiftly turned, and pressed her lips against his. Frodo chuckled, and she rolled her eyes.

"Shut up." She moaned against his lips.

Frodo smiled, then pressed her against the wall, as she giggled and unbuttoned his shirt.