Chapter Forty Six

~ Chapter Forty Six: Manipulation ~

••••••••••••••

            Back in Osgiliath, the fighting is still fierce. Many men are slaughtered, and Faramir runs through an archway.

"Faramir!" Madril calls.

Faramir moves out of the way, as archers kill the Orcs that was chasing him.

"We can't hold them." Madril says, breathlessly. "The city is lost."

"Tell the men to break cover. We ride for Minas Tirith."

Men continue to be slaughtered, then suddenly, a dreadful screech enters the scene.

"Nazgûl!" Someone yells.

"Take cover!" Faramir yells. "Nazgûl! Fall back! Fall back to Minas Tirith!"

As they fall back, Madril is badly injured, and falls to the floor.

"Fall back!" The Nazgûl harass the soldiers from above. "Retreat! Retreat! Run for your lives!"

As Madril lays injured, Gothmog and an Orc stand looking down at him. Gothmog takes a lance from the Orc, and quickly kills Madril with it.

"The age of men is over." He growls. "The time of the Orc has come."

Later, the soldiers are riding over the large plain to Minas Tirith, as the Nazgûl continue to attack them.

"Keep going." A soldier says to Faramir. "It's the Nazgûl. Take cover my lord."

The Nazgûl swoop down, and their beasts take soldiers in their claws, fly up with them and drop them to their deaths.

Suddenly, a lone, white figure gallops out from the city towards the men.

"Its Mithrandir!" The soldiers yell. "The White Rider!"

Gandalf gallops towards the stricken men, as the Nazgûl continue to kill them. Gandalf sends forth a bright light from his staff, which drives off the Nazgûl. He joins the soldiers, and they all gallop back to Minas Tirith together.

 He joins the soldiers, and they all gallop back to Minas Tirith together

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The massive gates crank open, as they see the soldiers approaching.

"Pull!"

The doors open to admit the galloping soldiers with Gandalf.

"Mithrandir!" Faramir says, and Gandalf turns to face him, with Pippin sitting in front of him on Shadowfax. "They broke through our defences. They've taken the bridge and the West bank. Battalions of Orcs are crossing the river."

"It is as the Lord Denethor predicted!" One of the soldiers yell. "Long has he foreseen this doom!"

"Foreseen and done nothing!" Gandalf says, angrily.