Chapter Nineteen

~ Chapter Nineteen: Snowy Mountains ~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The Fellowship walked over mountains, past ancient ruins, and over tall hills.

"We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for forty days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us."

The Fellowship took a break in an area with many large rocks. Frodo is sitting on one, watching Esmeralda, Merry, and Pippin practice their swordsmanship with Boromir. Sam brings Frodo a plate of sausage, as the two friends sit down and watch. Aragorn is also watching, feeling amused as he smokes from his pipe.

"Good, very good." Boromir says, as he spars with Pippin.

"Move your feet." Aragorn calls.

"You look good, Pippin." Merry says.

"Thanks."

Merry and Esmeralda join on, as Sam and Frodo start to grin.

Gimli sits near Gandalf, as Legolas is keeping a sharp eye out.

"If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note that they're not, I'd say that we were taking the long way round." Gimli says to the Wizard. "Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin Balin would give us a royal welcome."

"No Gimli, I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice."

Suddenly, Legolas silently runs in front of them, and stares at a grey cloud in the distance.

Meanwhile, while Boromir was sparring with Esmeralda, his sword slipped, and cut her on the hand.

"Agh!"

"Sorry!"

Frodo was about to run up to her, to see if she was okay, until she kicks Boromir in the leg.

"Get him!" Merry yells, as the three Hobbits wrestle poor Boromir to the ground and jump on him.

Aragorn looks on, amused, as Frodo looks worried.

"For the Shire! Hold him down, Merry, Pippin!" Esmeralda yells.

Boromir laughs, as Aragorn gets up and grabs Merry and Esmeralda by their collars

"Alright, that's enough!"

Esmeralda and Merry grab Aragorn's legs, pulling him backwards onto the ground.

"You've got my arm... ya got my arm!" Esmeralda laughs.

Frodo was about to walk over there and stop it, until Sam stands up and looks at the cloud coming towards them.

"What's that?"