Chapter Forty Three

~ Chapter Forty Three: Grey Havens ~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

           Arwen is riding a horse through a woodland, along with other Elves.

"Take her by the safest road. A ship lies anchored in the Grey Havens. It waits to carry her across the sea. The last journey of Arwen Undomiel."

Suddenly, a child runs across the path, away from the Elves. Arwen watches him, as he runs into a beautiful house, where Aragorn stands looking out of the window. Aragorn turns and runs over to the boy, swinging him up in his hands, smiling at him and swinging him around. Arwen watches as the boy looks down into Aragorn's face. Aragorn kisses him on the cheek and he laughs. Then, he stops and looks directly at Arwen. After staring at each other, she notices that the Evenstar is around his neck. She closes her eyes, and a tear falls from under her eyelashes.

"There is nothing for you here. Only death."

Arwen opens her eyes, and the scene she saw has vanished. She stares at the forest, until Figwit catches her attention.

"Lady Arwen, we cannot delay."

She looks at him for a moment, before turning her horse and galloping off.

"My lady!"

She rides off, and the Elves continue on their journey.

Arwen rides across the bridge at Rivendell. She rides up, and runs towards her father, dropping her cloak.

"Tell me what you have seen." She commands, running up the steps.

Elrond stands up and approaches her. "Arwen."

"You have the gift of foresight. What did you see?"

"I looked into your future and I saw death

"I looked into your future and I saw death."

"But there is also life. You saw there was a child. You saw my son."

Elrond sighs and turns away.  "That future is almost gone."

"But it is not lost."

"Nothing is certain."

"Some things are certain."

Elrond sighs.

"If I leave him now, I will regret it forever. It is time."

There is a vision, where a cloaked figure is approaching the shards of Narsil.

"From the ashes of fire shall be woken, a light from the shadow shall spring, renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king."