Chapter Thirty Eight

~ Chapter Thirty Eight: Last March of the Ents ~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

                Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn continue to fight and kill the Uruk Hai behind the Deeping Wall. Théoden looks on and shouts to Aragorn.

"Aragorn! Fall back to the Keep! Get your men out of there!"

"Nan Barad! Nan Barad!" Aragorn yells to his men. "Haldir, nan Barad!"

Haldir nods and gestures to his Elves. Legolas and an Elven warrior grab Gimli on either arm, and carry him away.

"What are you doing?" Gimli shouts. "What are you stopping for?"

Haldir continues to beckon the Elves to leave.

"Nan Barad!"

As he turns to run, he kills an Uruk, but then one runs up to him and stabs him in the stomach. He clutches his stomach feeling blood, and stumbles. As he turns, the Uruk stabs him in the back. Aragorn sees him falling and shouts.

"Haldir!"

Aragorn fights his way to the top of the wall. Haldir kneels seeing the dead Elves on the ground before him. As Aragorn reaches him and grabs hold of him, Haldir falls back in his arms, dead. Aragorn places a hand on his own chest and then on Haldir's in respect.

He suddenly notices the Uruks running towards him, he leaps up, punches an Uruk and jumps to the top of a propped up ladder, swinging it to the ground and falling with it

He suddenly notices the Uruks running towards him, he leaps up, punches an Uruk and jumps to the top of a propped up ladder, swinging it to the ground and falling with it. He jumps into a group of Uruk Hai on the ground.

Meanwhile at the gate, other Uruk Hai are still battering down the gate with their ram. They make a hole in it and fire their cross-bows through the hole, killing many men.

"Brace the gate!" A soldier yelled.

"Hold them!"

Théoden on top of the Hornburg wall, speaks to Gamling and his other captain.

"To the gate. Draw your swords!"

At the gate, Théoden and the others attempt to push the Uruk Hai away. Aragorn runs up with the remaining soldiers into the Keep. Suddenly, Théoden is stabbed in the arm with a long spear.

"Make way!" Gamling yells, grabbing Théoden and dragging him away. "We cannot hold much longer!"

The Gate is starrting to give way. Suddenly, Aragorn appears, touching Théoden's arm and joins in the fighting at the Gate.

"Hold them!" Théoden yells.

"How long do you need?" Aragorn asks.

"As long as you can give me." Théoden replies, taking his sword back.