Chapter Fifty Four

~ Chapter Fifty Four: Forgiven ~

••••••••••••••••

          It is nighttime now, and Pippin and Sam continues to search for Merry on the battlefield.

"Merry!" He calls.

Pippin turns around, and spots Merry half concealed beneath an Orc. They run up to him, and roll the Orc off.

"Merry!" Sam exclaimed, falling on his knees.

"Merry!" Pippin picks him up in his arms. "Merry, it's me." Merry opens his eyes and looks at him, and Pippin sees that there is blood at the corner of his mouth. "It's Pippin!" He starts to cry.

"I knew you'd find me." Merry says, weakly.

"Yes

"Yes." Pippin whispers.

"Are you going to leave me?"

"No Merry, I'm going to look after you." Pippin grabs Merry's cloak, and covers him with it.

             At the tower of Cirith Ungol, Frodo lies half naked, with his hands bound by rope. Some spiderwebs are still wrapped around him, as he continues to lay still.

Then, he wakes up, and hears two voices from behind him

Then, he wakes up, and hears two voices from behind him. Two Orcs named Shagrat and Gorbag, are going though Frodo's belongings. Shagrat picks up Frodo's mithril shirt, and admires it in the light.

"Hands off!" Gorbag demands. "That shiny shirt, that's mine!"

"It's going to the Great Eye, along with everything else."

Frodo realises what Shagrat has said, and feels in panic for the Ring around his neck. He stops in horror when he realizes that it is gone.

"I don't take orders from stinking Morgul-rats!" He pushes Shagrat against the wall, and he pulls out his sword.

"You touch it and I'll stick this blade in your gut!" Shagrat threatened.

They begin to fight, and eventually, Shagrat falls against a trap door. Gorbag stamps on him, pushing him though. Shagrat falls down the stairs, then down to a group of Orcs.