Chapter Fifty Eight

~ Chapter Fifty Eight: The Return of the King ~

••••••••••••••

Frodo is laying on a white bed, wearing clean clothes. His eyes flicker open, and he slowly sits up. He looks around, before he looks to the foot of the bed. Gandalf is sitting on a chair, and Frodo looks at him in shock.

"Gandalf?"

Gandalf smiles, and his eyes twinkle as he begins to laugh. Frodo laughs with him, before his two cousins and friend walk in the door.

"Frodo!" Merry exclaims, as Pippin and Sam look at him in awe.

They run towards him, and leap on the bed, as Gandalf laughs at them. They are laughing and hugging each other, happy to see each other again.

Gimli comes through the door, and spreads his arms."Aaaah!"

"Gimli!" Frodo exclaims.

Gimli claps his hands, and strides towards him.

Legolas comes to the door, and he smiles at Frodo, and he smiles back.

Then, Aragorn comes through the door.

"Aragorn!"

Aragorn smiles at him, and they all stand by the bed, and Gimli wipes away a stray tear.

Finally, Esmeralda appears at the door, and she looks happily at Frodo. Frodo sees her and smiles, and she smiles back.

Later, in Minas Tirith, in the courtyard, everyone is gathered. Aragorn is being crowned King. He stands on the steps to the hall, and Gandalf lifts the crown high, and then places it on Aragorn's head.

"Now come the days of the King." Gandalf says. "May they be blessed."

He moves back, and Aragorn walks up the steps and turns towards the people

He moves back, and Aragorn walks up the steps and turns towards the people. They all clap and cheer, as he looks around.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all! Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace."

The people cheer and clap again, and Gimli looks up in wonder as petals fall down upon them.

"Et Eûrello Endorenna utûlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tennû Ambar-metta!" Aragorn sings, as he walks down towards the people.

Faramir and Éowyn bow to him, followed by Éomer, the new King of Rohan. The Elves approach him, and he puts a hand on Legolas' shoulder. 

"Hannon le." Aragorn says.

Legolas smiles, and indicates behind him with his eyes. Aragorn looks behind him, and sees a banner with a white tree. Arwen appears from behind it, staring at Aragorn with loving eyes. Elrond whispers to her, and she moves towards Aragorn. He takes the banner from her, noticing that she has tears in her eyes, and she lowers her head. He lifts her face towards him, holding her chin. She smiles at him, before Aragorn clasps her in a passionate kiss, lifting her up and turning around with her. Everyone claps, and Elrond smiles. They kiss again, before Arwen laughs and clasps him to her.