Chapter 42 ★

★ chapter 42 ★

★ Kamiya

"Mom, we have something to tell you." I said as both Jermaine and I sat across from my mom on the couches.

"What is it?" Her eyebrows raised in suspicion.

Jermaine grabbed my hand and interlocked my fingers to take the ease off of things for me.

"We're moving to Miami and we want to take you with us." I said with a smile.

My mom didn't look excited at all instead she had a black expression on her face.

"You see there's a problem with that. I don't want to move." She told us making my mouth dropped.

"Why?" I questioned her.

You'd think she would want to move, she said it all the time when Tariq and I were growing up. She use to complain how the neighborhood we live in is horrible and not safe.

"Well I kind of have a boyfriend." She said making my mouth drop completely.

"Who? When were you gonna tell me? Who is it?" I questioned her with my eyebrows raised.

She waved me off.

"I'm a grown woman and I don't have to explain anything to you." She said with a smile on her face.

"Mom!" I yelled going over to sit next to her.

Jermaine just had a amused expression on his face.

"Okay, we're not really dating but I really like this guy. He's the one that has been taking me on dates for several weeks now. His name is Michael and he's a really sweet guy. You're gonna have to meet him one day." She explained to me.

I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug.

"Awww my little baby is growing up." I joked kissing her forehead.

My mom rolled her eyes making me giggle.

"I don't feel comfortable with leaving you here again though. I don't want anything to happen to you." I told her.

Again she waved me off.

"I'm gonna be fine. I was fine when you were gone, I'll be fine now." She replied back to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked her really not wanting to leave her here.

"I'm sure! Just go to Miami and live your life baby. What are you doing about your school situation?" My mom questioned.

My mom worked hard to get me to college so if I don't continue it she's gonna be pissed.

"I'm gonna handle it, mom, I'm not giving up on college." I confirmed making her nod.

"Good, I worked my butt off to help put you there and you worked hard too." She stated sternly.

I nodded my head.

"Thank you so much." I said pulling her into a hug.

"You're welcome. Just don't make me regret it." She reminded me.

"I won't, I promise I'm gonna make you proud." I stated kissing her cheek.

"Jermaine, like I always say I want you to keep my baby safe and I want y'all both to come back to visit also." My mom said looking over at Jermaine.

"You don't have to worry about her at all. I'm gonna take care of her." Jermaine said honestly.

"Now when are two leaving? I'm trying to invite Michael over." My mom said with a smile on her face.

I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, our flight leaves tonight." I told her.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Shouldn't you be packing?" She asked making me smile.

"I'm about to get to it now." I told her getting up off of the couch.

***

"All these damn bags." Jermaine grumbled as he loaded my stuff into the truck that's taking us to the airport.

There's only a little bit of time left until Jermaine and I are going to be on the plane heading to Miami forever or until I come back to visit my mom.

"Well I am moving with you to Miami." I told him putting another bag into his arm.

He groaned and went to put the bag into the trunk.

"These are the last two." I told him putting them into his hands as soon as he came back.

"Finally." He replied back going to put them in the trunk.

"Awww I never thought I'd see the day that my baby is engaged and is moving out of my house." My mom cooed putting her hand on my cheek.

I turned a light pink.

"Awww mom. I love you." I said pulling her into a hug.

By now Jermaine's back in the house watching us say our goodbye.

"The crazy part is that you're gonna get married before me." My mom said making me giggle.

"Don't worry, in no time you and Michael are gonna be getting married." I teased her making her wave me off.

"I don't think I'm the marriage type anyways besides I want to help you plan your wedding first before I think about getting married myself. I'll be out in Miami in a month or two to help you with it." My mom stated kissing my cheek.

"Yay! I can't wait." I said giving her one last hug.

My mom gestured for Jermaine to come over to her then she put her hand on his arm.

"Now I want you two to go to Miami and live your lives. Y'all won't have me watching over y'all so watch over each other. Don't let anyone and I mean anyone come between you two. I'm gonna miss you guys so much but I'll be down there next month." My mom said to us kissing both of us on the cheek.

Jermaine gave her a hug and kissed her forehead.

"I'm gonna miss you too, mom." He said making my mom smile.

After giving my mom another hug we left.

It breaks my heart every time I leave her but it's apart of growing. I need to experience life for myself and that's what I'm going to do.

___________________________
Kamiya's mom in mm😍😘

What do you guys think?

Comment below

Vote please

Follow me

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 😍