Chapter 20 ★

★ chapter 20 ★

★ Jermaine

"Here's your paycheck go crazy." Anthony told me handing me a envelope.

I opened the envelope to see if I had the right amount of cash in it and then nodded my head.

"Thanks man." I told him sticking the envelope in my pocket.

Since I've been working here I've been saving my money for studio time. I've almost reached the amount I need just another week. I'm thinking about working on a mixtape and I already know the perfect name for it. The Come Up....

Even though Anthony said I'll never make it the least I could do is try.

I've been spending most of my time at work , with Kamiya , and writing more lyrics.

I gave Anthony dap before leaving the shop and making my way home.

As I was heading home I couldn't shake the feeling that someone is following me. I kept on looking back but I didn't see anyone.

I decided to see it there was someone behind me by cutting a corner onto a random street and turning around to see if anyone would follow me.

I waited for a second or two before I seen the same punk who threw a rock at my head and the same one I seen at the drug house the day Kamiya's mom asked us to go to the store.

He had a smirk on his face.

"Didn't I say stay away from me?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Nah I don't think I remember you saying that." He replied back with a cocky grin.

"Well let me give you something to remember." I told him walking towards him and cracking my knuckles.

Before I could reach him he pulled out a gun and pointed it at me.

"Now let me see you talk all tough and shit now." He laughed waving the gun at me.

"You a punk for real man." I said sighing a bit.

I know that there's no way out of this now and I'm gonna end up getting shot.

"Nah I ain't a punk. I'm just tired of niggas like you walking down the street thinking they own shit." He stated walking closer to me.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't own shit and I'm just as broke as you are. I'm just another nigga out here tryna make it." I told him honestly.

He probably thinks I think I own shit because I don't act like no punk. The only man above me is God hisself. I will always be me and I will never bow down to anyone ever.

"Well maybe I'm doing you a favor by killing your light skin ass." He remarked coming so close to me I can feel the gun on my head.

I ended up punching him in the jaw and making him drop the gun. After that we ended up fighting. He was on top of me sending punches towards my head but I ended up blocking him. I threw him off of me so that we're both on different sides of the gun.

We made eye contact before we both crawled towards the gun. He ended up making it to the gun first pointing it at me once he had it in his hand.

"Lights out bitch." He said before sending one single bullet towards my chest.

I tried to back up but he shot me again and again.

I couldn't breathe as everything became dark.

"Crenshaw Mafia bitch." Was the last thing I heard before going completely unconscious.

***
★ Kamiya

"Mom, where could he be? He got off of work three hours ago." I complained to my mom as she watched tv.

"Baby, calm down. I'm pretty sure he's fine. He's probably just working over time or something." My mom replied back waving her hand as to tell me to not worry about it.

"If he was working over time then he would've told me!" I snapped pacing back and forth with my arms crossed.

"If you're so worried about him why don't you call the shop." My mom suggested making me slap myself.

I should've been called the shop. How can I be so slow?

I picked up the house phone and quickly dialed the shop's number while going into the kitchen.

Anthony picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" He asked into the phone.

"Hey Anthony. Is Jermaine off of work yet? I haven't seen him all day." I asked him becoming anxious.

"Yeah. He has been gone for about three hours already. He should've been home." Anthony replied back.

"Okay thank you." I said before immediately hanging up.

Once I hung up I let out a loud scream before going back into the living room.

"What's wrong honey?" My mom asked standing up from the couch.

"He isn't at work. Mom, I'm so scared right now." I cried out.

My mom came over to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"How about we go look for him? I'm starting to get worried too." My mom suggest grabbing our jackets.

"I was just about to ask if I could look for him. Thanks mom." I said wiping a tear and grabbing my jacket from her.

After putting on our jackets we made our way towards the door. Once we opened the doors we stopped in our track.

"What are the police doing here?" I asked with a eyebrow raised.

My mom and I watched as they made their way towards our door and stopped in front of us.

"Um excuse us ladies but we came here to inform you guys that Jermaine Cole has been shot multiple times and that it might be a murder case." The police officers told us.

My eyes instantly got watery once he said murder case.

"It might be a murder case? What are y'all talking about?" I questioned them with a angry look on my face.

"Jermaine Cole's in the hospital right now fighting for his life. You guys can come with us to the hospital." The police officers said leading my mom and I to the police car.

I looked at my mom's face to see that even she had tears running out of her eyes.

"Mom this is so horrible. I can not lose Jermaine." I cried as I talked.

"Don't worry baby. Everything will be just fine if we pray. We'll pray in the car, we'll pray at the hospital , and once we see that Jermaine's okay we will pray then." My mom assured me taking my hand and holding it.

I nodded my head in agreement.

If we pray everything will be alright.

___________________________
Kamiya in mm 😍❤️

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - msfanfictional ❤️

Love Yourz | J. Cole Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara