Chapter 6 ★

★ chapter 6 ★

★ Kamiya

"He's really gone." I mumbled while sitting down on a bench in the park.

I went searching for him and of course I didn't find him because my mom was right. Tariq really did die and now I don't know what I'm going to do without him.

I didn't even get to say goodbye or tell him that I love him.

I held my head into my hands and started to cry.

"Why Tariq God? Why didn't you take me instead.." I cried while stomping my feet a little bit.

I felt someone sit beside me but I didn't bother to look up.

"Then I would be heartbroken." Jermaine said making me look up at him.

He had a look of sorrow on his face as he grabbed my hand.

"I heard about your brother dying on the streets and I want you to know that I'm so sorry." Jermaine told me while looking into my eyes.

I nodded my head before he wrapped his arm around me and I buried my head into his chest.

I released all my tears into his shirt making his shirt wet.

"I'm sorry for messing up your shirt." I said trying to wipe my tears.

"It's okay." He told me while rubbing my back gently.

It has to be around midnight and Jermaine's still outside....

"Jermaine why are you still out here and not at home?" I asked him with my eyebrow raised.

He gave me a look before bitting his lip nervously.

"Well ....I don't really have a place to stay. I'm homeless." He confessed making me gasp.

He look away in embarrassment.

I grabbed his hand making him turn back to look at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him.

"I didn't want you to think less of me like everyone else does. Everyone at school knows about me being homeless and that's why no one really talks to me. That one day when you saw me taking a paper bag from the clerk at the store it was food." He explained to me while looking down at the ground.

This explains a lot now that I think about it.

"Get up and let's go." I told him standing up and holding my hand out for him to grab.

"Where are we going?" He questioned me with a confused look.

"Just come on!" I said hand gesturing for him to grab my hand.

He sighed before getting up and grabbing my hand and then we began to walk.

***

"What are we doing at your place?" He asked with his bushy eyebrows raised.

"Well...I'm gonna let you stay with me and my mom." I told him hoping he wasn't gonna get a attitude.

He smacked his lips before walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked him trying to catch up to him.

"I can't stay with you. I don't want you feeling like you have to take care of me when you don't. I can take care of myself and I don't need anyone's help!" He snapped walking faster.

I groaned before grabbing his arm turning him around.

"Jermaine you have no where else to go! Just stay with us. You need help." I reasoned with him as he rolled his eyes and looked away.

"I can't stay with y'all I don't want to feel like a burden." He responded back finally looking at me.

"Trust me , you're not gonna be a burden." I told him.

We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes before he sighed.

"Okay, but as soon as I get my shit together I'm leaving." He replied back.

"Watch your mouth and let's go home." I told him while grabbing his hand and walking back to the house.

"How is your mother gonna react to this?" He questioned.

"Let's find out." I said unlocking the front door and going inside.

My mother instantly ran up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"You scared me to death Kamiya!" She snapped almost suffocating me in the embrace.

"I'm sorry mom. I'm just so hurt that Tariq is gone." I told her with our memories flashing through my mind.

"I understand but don't ever do that again! I already lost your brother and I'm not losing you too!" She scolded lightly slapping my arm.

I nodded my head in understanding.

My mom then stopped hugging me when she noticed Jermaine behind me.

"Who is this young man?" My mom asked looking him up and down.

I couldn't tell from her face what she thought of him.

"Mom this is Jermaine my friend...." I told her before grabbing his hand.

She looked down at our hands before returning her eyes to his face.

"What is he doing here at this time of the night?" She asked.

"Well he doesn't really have a place to stay and I was wondering if he could stay here with us."
I mentioned giving Jermaine's hand a light squeeze.

The room was filled with silence as she thought about it.

A smile suddenly appeared on her face.

"He can stay here. Welcome to our home Jermaine." My mom announced making my face light up with a smile.

"Thank you very much Miss..." Jermaine trailed off.

"You can just call me Daniela sweetie." She told him sending him a friendly smile.

Jermaine nodded. "Thank you for letting me stay here and I promise I'll behave." He told her.

"Oh don't worry about all of that. Kamiya get him settled in into our spare room and get him some clothes out of Tariq's closet..he looks about the same size as him." She demanded making me nod my head.

"Okay mama." I told her before walking over to her and kissing her cheek sweetly.

"I'm really tired and I have work tomorrow so I'll be asleep." She said before walking upstairs.

"Thank you so much Kamiya...I'll forever be grateful for this..." Jermaine confessed as we interlocked our fingers.

I smiled up at him before pulling him into a hug.

"You're my friend and I want to help." I said.

I feel really good for helping him

________________________________
Jermaine in MM 😍😘

What do you guys think about her mother letting Jermaine stay with them?
What do you guys think about Jermaine hiding that he was homeless?
What do you guys think about this chapter?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - msfanfictional 💘