Chapter 24 ★

★ chapter 24 ★

★ Jermaine

One month later

"Walk with a nigga, I give you my pain
So much on my mind I wonder how it fit in my brain
Scattered thoughts, dark secrets lead me to a blacker heart
Life can't get any worse, Stevie with his glasses off
Cause I still don't see hope, lookin' for a quick fix
When everyone I see is broke, get lost in weed smoke
Knowing it make it worse, thoughts roam uncontrollably
Barely trustin' niggas, over a decade they been knowin' me
Shit, life at the bottom, nobody but God got em."

I took the headphones off of my head when I finished.

"Aye that was dope!" Eric said jumping up in excitement.

I smiled and nodded my head.

My mixtape is almost finished. All I have to do is put some finishing touches on it and it'll be good to go. I have been in the studio nonstop trying to work on this mixtape and it has to be perfect. This could be my big break...

"I just have to edit some of the songs and we're good. Good job man." Eric congratulated me once I came out of the booth.

We shared a brotherly hug before I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Thanks. I couldn't have done any of it if it weren't for you. So if I make it big you're gonna be one of the first people I thank." I told him honestly.

He smiled. "Good to know. You can head out if you want to. I know you haven't seen your girl in a couple of days. You've been cooped up here." Eric reminded me making me nod my head.

Kamiya and I haven't been seeing each other as much as we use to because I've been busy in the studio. She understands though and she even said herself that she's proud of me and wants me to continue working in the studio. She's so amazing and I'm happy I have her.

"Aight I'll see you later." I replied back standing up and giving him dap.

"Later." He said before I walked out of the door.

***

"Kamiya, you here?" I called out once I came into the house.

"I'm in my room." I heard her call back.

I ran up to her room where I see her laying down in her pajamas.

"You been in here laying down all day?" I questioned her, furrowing my eyebrows.

She nodded her head. "Well yeah. It's Saturday and I don't have anything to do." She stated laying her head on her pillow.

"Get up. I wanna take you somewhere." I instructed hitting her on the butt.

She sighed. "No, I don't want to. I'm tired." She said pretending to yawn.

I gave her a look.

"Okay whatever." She groaned before getting up and going over to her dresser.

I watched as she picked out some clothes before she went into the bathroom.

"Don't take too long either." I said sitting in a chair.

She probably rolled her eyes. "Shut up."

I chuckled a little bit.

I waited about ten minutes before she came back out dressed.

"What the hell is that shit on your eye?" I asked walking closer to her to see makeup on the tip of her eyes.

"It's eyeliner silly." She giggled.

"Well take it off. You look crazy." I replied back playfully messing with her cheeks.

"No, now let's go!" She snapped making me laugh.

"It's not my fault you look crazy." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Ugh I hate you." She said walking out of the room.

"You hate me?" I questioned knowing it was a lie.

"Yeah I do." She replied back making me wrap my arm around her waist.

"You're lying. You can't get enough of big daddy Cole." I joked making her laugh.

"Whatever. Think what you want to think." She said before we headed outside.

I shook my head after chuckling.

***

"What are we doing down here?" Kamiya asked confusingly.

We're downtown. I just thought I would show her how I use to live and where I use to go for entertainment.

"I just want to show you a good time. Follow me." I instructed leading her down a long street filled with people.

"What's going on down here?" She asked looking at the crowds of people.

"You'll see." I replied back taking her over to one of the crowds.

We eased through the crowd until we stood in front of it.

In the middle of the crowd we seen my homeboy Dante tearing it up. He breaks dance and he's very good at it.

"Woah!" Kamiya exclaimed staring at his dancing in amazement.

"Pretty cool isn't it?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. "It's amazing."

I smiled and nodded.

"Come on. Let's go look at other people." I said grabbing her hand and leading her to another crowd.

This time we heard singing amongst the crowd. We went to the center of the crowd to see a new girl. I've never seen her before but she looks familiar.

"That's Jhené!" Kamiya exclaimed as we watched her sing.

"Who?" I asked confusingly.

"Jhené, she goes to school with us." She reminded me.

So that's where I know her from.

"She's great." I told her.

"Yeah, I know. She's definitely gonna be big one day." She replied back.

I nodded my head in agreement.

Maybe I could do a song with her one day...

___________________________
Harlem in mm 😍

I've decided to continue the story.

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional ❤️