Chapter 31

***Audreys P.O.V***

Anthony looked up at us and then back to his phone. Why did i have this feeling that we had made a bad decision on trusting him. I felt like he was regretting helping us and he was going to take us back and confess. My instincts were telling me something bad was about to occur and i really hoped it was just me overthinking things....like always.

"It's....Marcus...", he informed us and we all stared at him blankly.

I closed my eyes slowly and felt a tear roll down my cheek. We were screwed! I opened my eyes and saw Anthony starring at me, "Don't worry, i'm not going to snitch us out", he told me assuring me that by 'us' he meant that we were all in this together.

Grayson glanced at me and then back at Anthony and i could tell he was getting upset. I grabbed his hand and placed it in my lap to assure him that i hadn't forgotten that we were going to talk as soon as we got home safe.

"Are you going to answer?", Elsa asked Anthony.

"I have too, if i don't he will suspect", he said telling us to be quiet before answering the phone.

"Hello....Marcus, i just got to the pharmacy....i still have to go buy the boss his food....okay, tell him i'll be there as soon as i can...Marcus i'll be there soon", he said to the phone before hanging up.

"What happened?", Ethan asked.

"He gave me ten more minutes before he comes looking for me, so we have to get out of here as soon as possible", Anthony informed us.

"Are you sure?", i asked him.

"No, which is why we need to hurry. Knowing Marcus he is probably out here looking for me already", he said speeding up.

"Anthony....what if he sees you?", Sarah asked.

"Then we're dead!!!", he said pressing on the gas pedal even more.

"SLOW DOWN!!", i yell.

"We can't slow down okay? I'm not trying to die today nor tomorrow when they find me. Y'all should  be grateful i even risked my life for y'all", he shouted.

And then the ONLY thing we needed to happened...HAPPENED!!!!!! We heard the sirens go off and we all cursed. GREAT!!!

"Aren't you going to stop?", Elsa asked Anthony.

"Uh...", he said before going off the road and making a stop. " Y'all make sure y'all are buckled",he added before lowering his window.

After the police ran his plates he walked towards the vehicle. "Sir, are you aware you were going over the limit?", the police asked sternly.

"Yes sir", Anthony answered.

"Licence and registration?", the officer asked.

Anthony searched for the papers and handed them to him. He walked towards his vehicle and revised his papers. He walked back towards us and handed Anthony his licence and registration papers but as he walked back to grab something he quickly turned around when he received a message through his radio.

"Repeat licence plates...copy", the officer said to his radio a little loud.

I looked up at Anthony and he was starring at us in disbelief. Marcus had reported our vehicle as stolen. We saw the officer repeat the licence plate and then saying, "got  it right here...copy", but before we knew it Anthony pressed on the gas and we were off down the road. I glanced back and i saw the officer run to his car as he turned on his sirens and shouted through his mic, "STOP THE VEHICLE!! YIELD TO THE SIDE!! STOP THE VEHICLE !".