Half this school likes you.

"Hey Luke!" Liam's voice rang out excitedly as he hurried towards Luke's locker.

"Uh, hey Liam." Luke frowned. Why was he so excited to see Luke.

"I just wanted to say thanks again for helping me draft for tryouts. And there is still room for one more if you're interested." Liam looked hopeful.

"Liam, I know you really want me to play but I'm really not interested in playing." Luke groaned.

"But you're so good. I don't get why you're so good and hate the sport." Liam whined.

"I don't hate it, I'd just rather watch than play." Luke shrugged with a sigh.

"Will you promise to come to every game at least?" Liam asked with a slight pout.

"Why do you want me at every game. I'm not gonna just jump in and play." Luke frowned.

"I know but I really like having you around. Besides, we're friends. It's what friends do." Liam grinned. His smile was so genuine Luke didn't have the heart to tell him they weren't friends.

"I don't like committing to things so far in the future." Luke said trying to let Liam off easy.

"Will you at least come to the first practice?" Liam asked with a new found hope in his eyes.

"Fine, I'll come to the first practice." Luke agreed.

"I knew you'd come around. I'll see you late." Liam grinned as he hurried towards class.

"Hey, Luke, I wanted to ask you something." Luke groaned as the female voice spoke up from behind him.

"I-if you're busy it's fine." The girl spoke again noticing Luke's annoyance.

"No, It's fine." Luke said turning slowly around. His mouth fell slightly open when he saw a tall brunette with long wavy hair standing in front of him.

"I'm Samantha. I just wanted to ask if you were going to be at Football practice tonight?" She seemed shy.

Luke sighed.

"Is their first practice tonight?" Luke asked.

"Yeah." Samantha nodded.

"I guess I am." Luke sighed again.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know Maddie and her friends are planning to be there. I know they follow you around a lot. I thought you might want a heads up." She gave a shy smile.

"Wow, thanks, yeah, I uh, I'll have to find a way around that." Luke nodded.

"I bet if you asked Liam he'd get them to back off." Samantha shrugged.

"Why do you say that?" Luke asked with a frown.

"He likes you. He gets jealous anytime they hover." She smiled raising a brow.

Luke frowned.

"You think Liam likes me?" Luke scoffed.

"What on earth makes you think that?" Luke laughed.

"He's my brother, we're close like that." She giggled before turning and heading down the hall.

Luke was struck with realization. She did look a lot like him. He watched as the brunette headed down the hall. Could she be right about Liam?

Ashton watched as Luke talked with Liam's sister. He didn't seem annoyed with her like he did all the other girls. Ashton frowned as Luke cracked a smile. Liam had his claws in Luke and now he was getting Samantha's in him too. Ashton waited until Samantha walked away before walking up to Luke and grabbing his arm.