I'm just not interested

Calum flipped through the roster he had been handed earlier by Coach James. They had a lot of the same players as last year sign up. He sighed when he didn't see one name in particular. At that moment the classroom door opened.

Calum looked up to see Liam Payne walk in. Calum tossed him a glare. It was no secret that Liam and Calum didn't get along. The school was split. They either loved soccer or they loved football. Same applied to Calum and Liam. You either loved Calum or you loved Liam. They were both captain of their teams.

"Good luck with tryouts today. Oh and I heard their cutting the soccer budget so we can get new footballs." Liam sneered as he walked by Calums desk.

"You wouldn't need new footballs if your team knew how to play." Calum jeered back.

Liam looked as though he was about to respond when the door opened again. He and Calum both shut their mouths when they saw Luke Hemmings walk in.

Luke was one of the better sports players in their school. He was good at every sport but he refused to play. Liam and Calum begged him every year to tryout but he just wouldn't. He was also incredibly good looking. He had short cropped hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hey Calum, stop staring so hard. He'll never play a stupid sport like Soccer." Liam sneered.

"Oh, yeah and like he'd play football with you as team captain." Calum shot back.

"Would you two please stop arguing over Mr. Hemmings. Maybe if you ask nice he'll take you both to prom." Mr. Dower, their English teacher, joked. Calum felt his face flush as he looked down.

Liam slumped down in his seat.

Luke chuckled and turned to the two captains.

"Sorry guys, I've told you, I'm not gonna play." Luke shrugged before turning back to his book.

Luke sighed as he flipped to last nights homework. Every year Liam and Calum did this. They fought over him hoping he would cave and join one of their teams. He just wasn't interested. He was only really good cause his two older brothers played. His dad badgered him as well but he much preferred his guitar to any sport. That was something his dad would never understand. His mom had always been much more understanding of his love for music. He missed her. She had passed away from kidney failure only two years ago. It had been hard on all of them. She was the glue that kept them all together. Now that she was gone he and his brothers fought to stay as close as they once had been but it was hard. And he and his dad rarely talked. It was always quiet in the house. Barely any of them were at home anymore. His dad worked a lot. Ben was at College and Jack was running his own sports camp at the local Y. Luke usually stayed at school to practice guitar or he'd watch one of the sports practices while doing his homework. Sometimes he'd just do his homework in the library just so he didn't have to go home. His only issue with staying at school was all the attention he got. Both his brothers had gone to school here and they were super popular. Luke wasn't the type to like that kind of attention but the year he started was the year Jack had left. Then he and Ben were the two everyone loved. Luke tried to keep to himself but it just made people try harder to get them to like him. Now this year it was just him. Ben graduated last year so he was alone this year and already had people flocking to him in the hallways all except the one person he wanted flocking to him. Ashton Irwin.

Ashton was another one of the more popular groups. He was the smart kid that didn't have to try and was super good at everything. He was friends with Louis Tomlinson and Alex Gaskarth. They were also good at everything and super smart. Louis ran the drama club while Alex ran the science fair. Ashton was more into music. He taught music after school some days. Luke always wanted to ask for lessons but he was only interested in the guitar which he was already pretty good at. Ashton, Louis and Alex seeked attention from no one. They didn't care if you like them or not and chances were they probably didn't like you anyway. Louis was kind of dick. Alex wasn't quite as bad and Ashton just seemed like he disapproved of everything.