Packed and ready

It had been almost two weeks since Ashton had started staying with the Hemmings and he was enjoying himself. It was now currently Friday and Michael had taken Luke out of the house for a while so Ashton could plan their first official date.

"So what are you gonna do first?" Calum asked sitting on Luke's bed across from Ashton.

"Okay, well first there is a music festival starting at six, so I was thinking we could go there." Ashton said thoughtfully looking through a brochure of the festival.

"Ashton, Calum, you two ready?" Andy asked popping his head in the door.

"Yeah." Ashton and Calum hopped off the bed.

"I can't believe this is happening." Calum said excitedly from the front seat.

"I have my entire room packed and ready to go."

"I'm glad you guys are doing this. It will be nice to get rid off a few teens." Andy joked.

"Oh my goodness, this is it?" Ashton asked unbuckling his seat belt before Andy had even put the car in park.

"This is it." Andy nodded. He, Calum, and Ashton climbed out of the car.

"I still can't believe this." Ashton awed at the building in front of them.

"Alright, let's go take a look." Andy ushered them up the stairs.

They finally reached the third floor when Andy pulled a set of keys from his pocket.

"The condo number is one fourty three." Andy said pointing to a deep red colored door.

"I can't believe we're gonna live here." Calum was bouncing in place.

Andy unlocked the door and pushed it open allowing Ashton and Calum to go in first. Calum stepped inside with Ashton on his heels. The small entry way had a coat closet. The hallway then opened up into a large living room. There was another hallway with three bedrooms and bathrom lining it. The kitchen over looked the living room with a dining area off the side. From the dining area was a balcony that overlooked the few streets before the beach.

"Oh my goodness, you can see the beach from here." Ashton gasped.

"My mother always loved this view." Andy smiled fondly looking out over the balcony.

"How long ago did she....live here?" Ashton asked choosing his words carefully.

"She died four years ago. Cancer is an awful thing." Andy answered with a small smile at the curly haired boy.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, I feel bad." Calum agreed.

"I'm absolutely sure. Luke and I always had a strange relationship growing up. He wasn't like his brothers and I tried too hard to make him like them. I was trying so hard I never got to know the real him. Only since his mother has passed have I learned to appreciate qualities he has. He has so many of her qualities. He's kind, caring, he listens. He has a love for music. He is smart. He has great taste in men." Andy winked at Ashton. Ashton grinned widely blushing a bit.

"Anyway, he loved coming to stay with my mother here when he was little. His brothers weren't as close to her. They would rather stay home with me. My mother understood Luke like his mother did. I know he'd love it here and he shouldn't stay here alone. I own it and haven't had the heart to sell it but Jack and Ben had no interest in living here. I know you guys will take care of it and appreciate it. And I know my mother and Liz would want him to stay here." Andy smiled his eyes glistening a bit.