I'd like to take you out...

Liam took a deep breath as he knocked on Luke's door. He hoped he had it right. He checked the school records book at practice the other day. He being a favorite of the Principal, Mrs. Anderson, he had access to the log in case he needed to reach someone on the football team.

The door opened and Liam was relieved to be met by Luke.

"Liam, what are you doing here?" Luke asked with a frown.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to walk to school together?" Liam asked.

"Ummm, okay." Luke nodded.

"Let me grab my things." Luke dashed out of the doorway before returning a moment later with his books.

"So where do you live?" Luke asked closing and locking the door behind him.

"Over in Somerholden." Liam explained pointing down the street.

"Liam, you have to pass the school to get to my house." Luke pointed out.

"I know, but I wanted to walk you to school." Liam shrugged.

"Come on."

Luke frowned but followed Liam without saying anything more.

Liam listened as Luke talked about a new movie he'd seen. Liam was only half listening though because his mind was racing. There was a reason Liam had wanted to walk Luke to school but he didn't want to say anything until they got to school.

"This was nice." Luke smiled as they reached the school grounds.

"I agree. But before we go in can we talk over there for a second?" Liam asked pointing to a picnic table.

"Sure." Luke nodded. Liam took a couple of deep breaths before sitting across from Luke. He carefully reached over and took Luke's hands in his.

Luke looked down shocked.

"Luke, I want to be honest with you for a minute." Liam stated nervously.

"I really like you, and I'd like to give you a chance to like me too." Liam watched as Luke bit his bottom lip.

"I know we don't know each other very well but I really want to change that. I'd like to take you out... on a date...tonight." Liam held his breath as he waited for Luke's response.

Luke felt his jaw drop. He wasn't expecting that. He saw the nerves in Liam's posture and the hope in his eyes.

"Oh. I umm...." Luke didn't know what to say. Ashton suddenly popped into his head and he felt guilty. But why he and Ashton were nothing. In fact Ashton was distancing himself from Luke.

"I know I sprung this on you but at least think about it? I'll catch back up to you later for your answer. I don't want you to feel pressured." Liam spoke taking his hands from Luke's.

Luke only nodded.

Liam smiled before placing a quick peck on Luke's cheek. Luke felt himself smile as Liam walked away.

Ashton walked towards the school doors with Calum when he saw Luke and Liam at the picnic table in the side yard. He felt his jaw clench at the sight of Luke's hands in Liam's. Ashton couldn't see Luke's face as his back was to him but he saw Liam's face and Liam was talking. Ashton glared as he watched the exchange between them. He felt a slight bit of relief as Liam pulled his hands away looking a little concerned. But his relief quickly faded when Liam placed a kiss on Luke's cheek earning a large smile from Luke as he watched Liam walk away.

"Hey, Ash, what are you doing?" Calum asked stopping when he noticed Ashton was no longer following him.

"Nothing." Ashton snapped.