Chapter Fourteen - Training Day #2

Hey guys, I'm back tomorrow! Yay! And I'll update on Friday, how does that sound? Thanks Cinder for updating this for me again!!

Clary's POV

Jace and I stumbled bleary eyed out of bed and quickly dressed into our training uniforms they had issued us the day before.

'Um, Clary,' Jace began.

'What?' I replied more like a grunt.

'Your shirt's inside out and your pants are backwards.' I sighed, quickly changing and hoping it was right. He smiled crookedly at me. 'Better.' He kissed me lightly and I wound my arms around his neck. He pulled back and looked at he time. I, too, looked at it and groaned out loud.

10:21

And training started at 10:00.

We quickly hurried from the penthouse, grabbing an apple and eating eat as fast as we could while running and waiting in the elevator. We soon made it into the training centre to find everyone already there, training themselves survival and/or fighting skills.

With my cheeks flushing, I quickly moved to the fishing station whilst Jace made his way to the snare station. We were planning to intimidate the other tributes later. We were already handy with fighting so survival skills might come in handy.

Halfway through the morning's session, Jace and I changed to go to a weaponry station. Everyone was making alliances during lunch and if we did his right before lunch we'll be stuck in their minds.

I headed to the knives station and Jace headed to the spear station. We then started practising with these weapons over and over again, sending them to the targets on the wall over and over again. We quite often got an eight but we mostly achieved a 9 or a bullseye.

I looked up to see Conor Maynard looking at me, his mouth hung open in awe. I smiled at him with as much charm as I could muster, then started to concentrate again on throwing knives at the target on the wall thirty metres away. It stuck in the bullseye. I quickly retrieved and just when I was about to let this one fly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. If it was Conor Maynard wanting to be my ally, I swear...

I glanced over my shoulder to see Jace smiling at me. I quickly looked around to see almost everyone had gone out to lunch. I nodded m thanks to Jace and we walked hand-in-hand to the lunch area.

When we walked inside, we saw Austin, Conor, Luke and Calum sitting together and chatting like they were the best of friends. Okay, there's one team of four. Most teams had two people in it however.

The people I was worried about most were Team Vampire Academy and Team Twilight. And I guess Team Hogwarts.

Team Vampire Academy's Christian was pretty good in close-to-close combat and because of the rule change, he could now perform fire magic. Vasilisa was amazing at remembering survival skills and seeing she was the same species as Christian, my bet was that she had specialised in ether earth, fire, water or air magic. They were a deadly pair.

Team Twilight's Jacob was able to turn into a large wolf, so they definitely had an advantage. And his partner, Renesmee, was a half-vampire, so she had heightened strength, speed, stamin etc. They too were deadly pair.

Wait, if everyone had their abilities, then would the vampires need blood? I shivered at the thought and Jace wrapped his arm tighter around me as we ate in silence.

And Team Hogwarts members, who aren't allies, are both skilled in magic. Luna might seem like she couldn't harm a fly but we had seen her practise aiming a spell at a wall. She had good aim. I heard Snape talking to Luna earlier, almost like he was coaching her, about a spell that could kill someone if they were hit with it.

The other teams won't stand against us though. If the gamemakers put our stele in the arena, then we'll be able to do almost anything. And they will put it in the arena if we show them what we can do with it in the private sessions.

Jace nudged my shoulder and I looked at his face which was deadly serious. 'Look.' I followed his eyes to see Luna sitting with Vasilisa and Christian, and they were chatting like old mates. Those three were our main threat.

'We need to split them up or better yet, ambush them,' I told him, grabbing another quick bite of foo off of my plate.

'Well duh, Clary.' I sighed. Jace in a bad mood wasn't pretty. Mind you, he often was than not in a bad mood.

For the rest of the day we practised survival skills and in the penthouse afterwards, we taught each other what we knew. One day of training left and then the next day we'll wow the gamemakers in the private sessions with or steles.

They won't know what they've done by placing us and our abilities into the arena.