Chapter 45:

Peyton had been in the hospital for 2 days now after waking up and she was not once alone, her dad was always there or if not her father Lucas was there with her. Haley and Nathan had came to visit her too, Brooke would stay the night with her. Even though Peyton told her not to because she would be sleeping very uncomfortable Brooke didn't listen to her, and Peyton didn't know how she convinced the nurses and doctors to let her spend the night there because of what Peyton had known nobody was allowed after visitation hours but she was glad she had her best friend by her side. Now she was laying down just watching tv waiting for somebody to visit her but she knew that wouldn't happen because all her friends were in school right now.

She wanted to see Lucas so bad she missed him even though he stopped by before he went to work earlier today. She was in the middle of falling asleep when there was a knock on the door, she sat up and saw her dad walking in, "He sweetie" he said kissing her on top of her head, she smiled because she was so happy to see him. "Hi dad I missed you but aren't you suppose to be home right now resting?" she asked him giving him a serious look. He had been spending all his time with her and she notice how tired he was so she sent him home to get some rest but of course he didn't listen to her because he was only gone for 3 hours the most. He chuckled "Well I just couldn't be without my daughter is that a crime to want to be close to my daughter because if it is then lock me up and throw away the key" he said causing Peyton to laugh. "Oh god that was terrible, but you seriously need to get rest dad you dont look so good" she said.

He sat down on the chair next to her and looked at her and she could tell something was up with him. "Okay spill it" she said, he looked at her surprised "What do you mean?" he asked her playing dumb. "Dad come on just tell me what you have to say." she said once again. He let out a sigh "Fine but I can stay there's no problem, my job I have to return but I told them that you still need me" he said. She smiled at him, after her mom's death her dad worked so hard for both of them, yes she hardly seen him and yes it was great to have the house to herself but she missed her dad, but he couldn't just ask him to leave his job to take care of her. She knew that he loved his job and she was doing much better. "Dad go, Im okay Im better then okay and plus I have all my friends to take care of me you should get back." she said. He looked at her unsure until she nodded "Go I will be okay" she reassured him, he smiled at her and spent the next few hours with her because he would be leaving the next ay really early and he might not see her.

Peyton was getting pretty sick and tired of staying in the hospital she couldn't wait to back in her house in her bed. "Hey" Lucas said as he stood there in the entrance of the door, she smiled at im in surprised "What are you doing here? aren't you suppose to be in school right now?" she asked him noticing how it was 9 in the morning. He smiled at her as he got closer to her "I didn't feel like going to school today so I decided to visit my girlfriend" he said s he gave her a quick peck on her lips before sitting down, she looked at him. "The Lucas Scott skipping school!" she gasped pretending to be surprised, he laughed in response. She looked at him more serious now "Seriously what are you doing here?" she knew what he was doing there but she wanted him to tell her. "I missed you" he said as he got closer to her. "Oh come on let me guess my dad asked you to please look after me while he is gone" When she said that Lucas couldn't look at her so he looked at the floor "You see I know you and my dad better then I thought" she said and patted the bed.

He walked over to her and laid next to her "Im sorry he asked me to not let you know his just worried about you" he said kissing her on top of her head, she nodded "I know but I told him I would be okay and now your ditching school  to be here with me" she said. "Hey I didn't ditch school I asked Principal Turner if I can stay with you today and he agreed and its not only because you dad asked me too but because I missed you what you didn't miss me?" he asked acting hurt. Peyton couldn't help but laugh "Of course I did" she said looking at him and leaning up to kiss him since she was laying her head on his chest. He leaned down and kissed her back. They were still kissing when they heard some clear their throat and they pulled away and seen a nurse standing there. "Im sorry to interrupt but just got to check her vitals and if everything looks good then most likely you will be realized tomorrow.