Chapter 23:

They were so into dancing that they hadnt noticed that Jake was standing there watching them. He couldnt help but laugh seeing them.

"Jake!" Haley immediately stopped dancing when she seem him. Peyton stopped the music and smiled seeing that he wouldnt take his eyes off Haley.

They got to work because they still had some things to fix. "So why didnt you guys go to school today?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. The girls looked at each other. "Um just drama" is all Peyton said. She really didnt want to get into it.

"Would this drama have to do with 2 basketball players and 2 cheerleaders?" They both looked at him wondering how he knew.

"I seen them having lunch together trust me the whole school was talking about the Scott brothers" Jake said.

"Well I guess that a good thing that came out of this is that their finally talking." Haley said. Peyton told Jake their side of the story because she knew that if he would have heard the story from someone else.

"That sucks for the both of you, especially you Haley I know that Lucas is your best friend" Jake said after hearing what happend. "Okay enough we finished our project and we have to stop dwelling on the past lets go eat."

After going out to eat Jake dropped Peyton off first and then he dropped Haley off. A few minutes after they had dropped her off Peytons phone began to ring.

She seen that Haley was calling so she answered and before she could say anything Haley started talking. "Im freaking out right!" She was pretty much screaming.

"Why whats wrong?" Peyton asked. "Well after we dropped you off Jake tooke me home and he walked me to the door and then he asked me out on a date" Peyton gasped.

"What did you say?" Peyton asked now intrigued. "I told him to please give me time that I had to think about it"

"Haley James you need to call him and tell him yes" Peyton said. "Im just not sure" Haley responded. "Is it because of Nathan?"

"No... yes... I dont know Im really confused right now, I dont know whats going on with Nathan I havent tutored him for a week but when its just me and him he is a completely different person but..."

"But now his seeing Rachel" Peyton finished Haleys sentence. "Which is why you should go out on a date with Jake"

"Why? To get Nathan jealous I dont even know if he likes me Haley explained. "Not exactly you should get to know Jake, maybe you were attracted to Nathan bcause of the way he acted with you but thats not him and I know Jake and he is totally different."

After a while of trying to convince her she finally gave in to give Jake a chance.

*Next Day*
Haley got to school and was in the library when she seen Lucas passing by and he just looked at her and kept walking. Then Skills and Mouth sat with her.

"Hey you guys" She gave a fake smile. "So your not talking to Luke either huh?" Skills asked her. She shook her head "And Im guessing neither are you two" they both shook their heads.

"No he really changed, we went to the river court to shoot some hoops yesterday and Lucas and the rest of the basketball team were there and told us to not go around there anymore because that was their place now." Skills said.

"Let me guess Lucas didnt say anything to them" both guys nodded then the bell rang. Haley got to class and sat down next to Jake right when their teacher walked in.

"Have you seen Peyton?" She asked Jake. He shook his head and she knew Peyton wasnt going to come to school...