Chapter 19:

"Thank you for defending me back there" Haley said once they got back in the car. "It was nothing dont worry about it, I just cant stand her anymore she gets me in a bad mood"

"Is it that or maybe because of Lucas and Brooke?" Peyton turnes to face Haley. "You know Haley James it surprised me how much you mnow about in such a little time" they both laughed and Peyton drove off.

"Whenever Im in a bad mood Brooke calls me Peyton Marie Sawyer" Haley looked at her confused. "PMS" when Haley heard it she couldnt help but laugh.

They got to school and the decided to go to the library to start their project. When their entered the seen Jale sitting there reading a book.

"Jake what are you doing here?" Peyton asled as they walked up to him. "Hey um I was getting some information for the project"

"We came to work on the project too" Haley said. He smiled at her "well hoe about you guys sit down and we could get started and Ill show you what I have so far"

So they did and they were impressed to see how much he has done. They worked on their project until rang. Jake walked out in front of Peyton and Haley.

"Jake wouldnt stop looking at you the whole time." Peyton said smilong at Haley. Haley just shook her head "no he was not come on his a basketball player his probably after some cheerleader"

Haley hardly knew anything about Jake. They had been in the same class since 1st grade but they really never talked.

This was actually the first time she has talked to him. She knew he was very private about his personal life. "Hey Jake Haley and I are going to keep working on the project at my house later today you wanna come over?" Peyton asked once they entered class.

"Yea that would be great" he said and the teacher walked in so they began to work on their project once again.

It was now lunch time and Haley was sitting down with her friends Skills, Mouth, Junk, and Fergie and of course Peyton.

"Is it more or is Rachel just looking at us" Haley said to Peyton. She slowely turned around and couldnt help but laugh.

"Im sorry it just its so funny how shes hanging out with the cheerleaders and basketball players when... well you know what" in that moment Brooke and Lucas walked up.

It got really quiet except for the guys who knew nothing that was going on. Haley and Peyton just looked at each other. "Peyton can I talk to you for a sec" Brooke said.

Peyton got up and walked over to Brooke. "Whats up?" "Look I dot have anything against tutor girl but the girls are starting to think that you dont want to be on the team anymore you miss practice, you dont hangout with us their seriouly thinkng about kicking you off the team the only reason they havent is because Im caption and talked to them but Rachel isnt making it easier"

"Brooke you know that Im only on thwe team because of my mom and because of you I really dont care what the other girls say and if Rachel is causing so much trouble then why go to her party she isnt even on the team" peytn said getting upset.

"Hey its a party after all just come and if you want bring tutor girl but plus try to hangout with the girls again" And with that Brooke walked to Lucas.

Peyton looked back and saw Lucas turning around looking at her. She took out her phone and text Haley if she could hold her stuff and she had to talk to the teams and she would tell her everything afterwards.

She walked over to the girls. "Hey you guys" the all stopped and looked at her. "Hi Peyton" they said smiling. "Can I talk to you guys for a bit please kind of a team meeting?"

"Well you can talk in front of me dont worry" Rachel butted in. "No its okay like I said its a team meeting and your not on the team so yea.." so all the girls got up. "Thats what you think Ill be on the team pretty soon" Rachel thought to herself.

Rachel had her plans to became cheer caption and be the most popular girl which she needed Nathan. And it also meant ahe had to pretent to be nice to get what she wanted.

The final bell rang and Peyton was glad the school had ended. Haley had to stay after school for a while to help Nathan but shew ould go to Peytons afterwards.

She was walking ro her car when she heard someone calling behind her...