Chapter 15:

Haley drove back to Peytons house after talking to Nathan. She knew what he was doing was wrong but she had to protect her best friend.

She parked in front of Peytons house and got off. She had to put on an act so they wouldnt suspect a thing. She walked in and walked upstairs to Peyton room.

"Hey sorry I took long" she said as she seen Lucas and Peyton laying down talking and laughing. Peyton smiled at her "its alright were just glad your back" she said.

"Yea but hey were did you go?" Lucas asked her still laying down with Peyton. "I just had to do something important" Haley lied.

Peyton knew Lucas would just keep asking questions so she decided to jump in. "Hey Im starving how about before I drop you guys off we go get a bite to eat?"

Haley was happy that Peyton jumped in. "Yea thats a good idea Im starving to" Haley said. They both now looked at Lucas giving him puppy eyes.

Lucas couldnt resist them and nodded. "Alright lets go" he said and followed them outside. "Okay no disrespect to Karen but I really want to go somewhere else to eat" Peyton said once inside.

Lucas and Haley laughed. "Peytons got a point Luke we wont be able to eat with all the questions Karen will be asking" Haley said.

"Your right well ladies you guys decide where to eat" he said. Peyton and Haley shared a look and knew where to go. Peyton drove off and got to the restaurant 10 minutes later.

They ordered their food and now where waiting. Meanwhile they started a conversation. "So have you guys been here before?" Lucas asked them.

"Yea we came here the other day" Haley simply said. Their food came and they ate and left. Peyton dropped Haley off and then Lucas.

"Thank you Peyton if it wasnt for you finding me I dont know where I would be right now" Lucas said once Peyton put her car in park in front of Lucas house.

Lucas couldnt help but look into Peytons eye. Peyton couldnt look away either. They stayed looking into each others eyes for awhile until they got interrupted.

"Lucas Im so happy your okay" they heard Brooke say. Peyton and Lucas jumped by the screaming coming from her. Lucas looked back at Peyton but she was already looking forward.

He got out of the car and Brooke immediately hugged him. She looked over his shoulder. "Thank you P. Sawyer" Brooke said smiling and took Lucas by his hand inside.

Peyton couldnt help but feel upset. She had the perfect opportunity to tell Lucas how she really felt about him and couldnt. She couldnt take it and drove off.

*Next Day*
Haley had woken up earlier for her tutor session with Nathan. She couldnt believe she was actually going to help Nathan but she had to help her friend.

She got to the docks around 6:55am and was upset to see that Nathan wasnt there. She began to do her work.

It was around 7:15 when finally arrived. He sat down and set to cups of coffee with a box of cracker jacks. "Your late" haley said.

"Breakfast for champions" he said. "Look if you not going to take this serious then why am I here? There are other students that really need my help."

"Your here because you need me too because if you dont tutor me then the hazing Lucas will start again and because I really do need tutoring and why do we have to meet so early?" He said.

"Your right we made a pact but I need you to be here on time and were meeting here because this is the only time i could so lets get started because we only have 30 minutes." And with that said Nathan opened the cracker jacks.

"Oh please let this be a cheat sheet" he said as he open the prize inside. He opened to see a bracelet. "Here dont ever say I never gave you anything" he got Haleys hand and put it on her.

"Nathan Im here to tutor you and you giving me this isnt making the situation any better I already feel guilty for lying to Lucas so please focus so we can finish this whole pact." She said and started explaining his work.

SO I REALLY WANTED TO KEEP THIS STORY AS ORDINARY AS THE SHOW BUT I CHANGED THE WORDS TO THEIR CONVERSATIONS.