Chapter 34:

Haley and Nathan stopped kissing and looked up and saw Dan Scott Nathan's father standing there with his arms crossed across his chest. "What the hell is this Nate!" Haley could tell her was pretty angry. They both got up "What are you doing here dad?" Nathan asked not answering Dan's question.

"The better question is what are you doing here and with her" Dan said pointing to Haley. "Im hanging out with her dad and her name is Haley" he said. "I know who she is Lucas's best friend don't you see what their trying to do son their trying to distracted you so you wont be focus on the game hat way he can take your spot on the team." Nathan shook his head.

"Its not like that dad, and plus Lucas and I are friends now and Haley and I are getting to know each other we don't even talk about basketball." He explained but it was clear to Haley that Dan was believing it. Dan shook his head "You don't know what you are talking about your only focus should be about basketball not some girl that only wants to be popular by sleeping with you." Haley had heard enough she couldn't take it anymore and ran off before they seen her tears running down her cheeks.

"Great dad look what you did now I have to go find her." Nathan said starting to run off after her but Dan stopped him "Your not going anywhere until you explain what you just said about you and that boy are friends now?" Nathan tried to get out of Dan's grip but it was impossible he had to go find Haley before anything happened. "Yes dad Lucas and I talked okay and we realized we that we didn't hate each other like you made it seem, his not intersed in being caption he only wants to play because he loves the games."

"Don't be naïve Nathan of course he told you what you wanted to hear but were not going to et him and I know how to get back at him" Dan said now looking the way Haley had run off too. He had an idea to get back at Lucas and he would be using Haley to is advantage. He pushed Nathan "Go fnd her and give her a ide home and I want you to come back home immediately because we have important things to talk about" Dan said an walked back to their house

Nathan drove around for half an hour looking for Haley but had no luck finding her he started to worry about her he had a million thoughts of something bad happening to her but he shook those thoughts away he had to think positive.

"Thank you for taking me home" Haley said as she sat in the passenger seat "No problem I wasnt just going to leave you out there anything could have happened there." the driver said. Haley smiled but she had to admit it was a bit uncomfortable to be sitting in that car. "Look I know we hardly know each other but I feel the need to tell you that Im sorry for the way I treated you and judged you without knowing you." Haley looked at Brooke.

"Thank you for that I know we don't know each other but it was nice for you to apologize I really appreciate it um can I ask you something." Brooke nodded "Are you and Peyton friends now?" Brooke remained silent for a while clearly thinking of her answer "Honestly I don't know because I feel bad for the way I treated her and I also apologized to her but I don't know if she will forgive me and I don't know if we can just go back to the friendship we had but Im going to try to be again.

Brooke dropped her off and went her way home. Haley went up to her room and just laid in her bed she took out her phone and seen she had several missed calls from Nathan. She called him just to tell him that she was okay once she said that she hung up she really didn't feel like talking to anyone especially him. Before she knew it she drifted off to sleep.

*Next Day*

Peyton woke up pretty early for being a Sunday, she couldn't sleep so she decided to head down to the docks and get some coffee. She couldn't sleep all night thinking about what had happened with Lucas. She got to the docks and ordered herself a coffee and had just sit down on a bench, and was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't notice that somebody had sat down next to her.