A Broken Promise The Heroe's Entrance

Start from the beginning

"What idiot do you think would get near you?" He heard Nami say as the ropes slackened. He slowly pulled his arms in front of himself and rubbed his wrists to help his circulation to return to normal.

"So you decided to help- hey!?" Zoro began to say when Nami threw his swords at him. "How many times do I need to tell you to be careful with other people's things?" This was the second time she had thrown his swords. Hopefully she wouldn't make a habit of it. He quickly began tying them in place. It felt good to have the weight of his swords on his hip again.

"I'm not helping you with anything." She said as she checked to make sure no one was looking. "I'm only letting you go so you can find Ussop and go tell Luffy to give up on me joining the crew."

"You really don't plan on joining." Zoro stated as he watched her. She looked at him for a moment before nodding and looking away. That was all he needed.

"Just don't be here when I come back, OK?" Nami huffed as she turned and left. Zoro watched her through the window as she left the compound.

"I guess you were right." He sighed as he turned around to look at the pillar he was previously sitting against. Slowly a shadow peeled away from the side facing away from the windows.

"I told you not to judge people solely by their actions." D grinned as his body became solid. "Did you make your decision?" He asked Zoro.

"Yes." Zoro closed his eyes as he looked back to the moment Nami had answered his question. Their was hesitation in her nod, as well as a cry for help in her eyes. It was only for a second but he had caught it.

"Good." D grinned again. "By the way." Zoro looked at him. "I sent you a warmup. You need to loosen up from your last fight." Zoro watched as he then began to cackle like a mad man. "I'll see you later." D began running in circles with his arms waving stupidly in the air. Zoro was about to ask him what he meant about a warmup when the seemingly demented man proceeded to run into the wall causing Zoro to wince. Then D turned around, waved, and his body faded into nothing.

"Hey!?" Zoro looked back the way Nami had left to see a fishman staring at him. "How did you undo your ropes?"
Zoro grinned as he placed his favored sword, Wado Iichimonji, in his mouth and unsheathed his other two. "This is going to be fun." He chuckled as the fishman realized the danger he was in. Zoro cut him down as he turned to warn his comrades. He then proceeded to take out every fishman he came upon.

Zoro sat in the large chair that Arlong had been sitting in when he had been brought in. It had only taken him a half hour to clean out the place and he had been waiting for Arlong to return for several hours since then. As he looked up to check the position of the sun his stomach growled letting him know it was lunch time. "Guess I'll go check the kitchen to see what they have." He sighed as he stood up.

"I've got a big one!" A voice shouted from over the far wall near where the pool joined the ocean. Zoro silently crept over to the wall as whoever was on the other side continued to talk to themselves. Once he was next to the wall he jumped up to where he could see over. On the other side was a octopus fishman. Beside him was a pot of boiling water and in his hands was a fishing pole.

"Hey." Zoro decided to say. If the fishman attacked him he would simply cut it down like the others. The octopus jumped back in surprise at the sound of his voice and assumed a fighting pose.

"Who are you?" The octopus asked him as some of its hands pointed it him while several pointed at itself. Zoro debated on what to tell it when it decided to introduce itself.

"Who me? I'm Hachi." The octopus who was apparently named Hachi grinned. It was at this moment Zoro decided that this particular fishman was an idiot. "Are you a guest?" Hachi asked him. Zoro looked back to his side of the wall and studied all the fishmen that he had cut down.