meeting

meeting
word count: 749
   ~

s u m m a r y ; how you and justin met

It was about 5pm when your manager called you over.

You stood at the register of the fast food restaurant, listening to your friend fry the tin fries in the back. Yes, you hated working at McDonalds', but you had to pay your bills somehow.

The rush of people wanting terrible fast food had disappeared, and you just stood there watching the few people that stayed inside to eat their burgers and drink their sodas.

The sun was setting in front of the restaurant, and you knew you were a few hours from getting off.

"(Y/N)" You heard your friend call your name, as she walked up to the counter beside you. Raising your eyebrows, you hummed in response.

"Boss wants to talk to you. . ." She had said, pulling the McDonalds' visor down onto her forehead. "Alright," You sighed, as your friend nodded, and went back to her station.

You were really annoyed that the manager wanted you. You really hated his guts. He always bossed you around more than he did everyone else.

You slowly walked to his red door in the far back. You opened the door, and saw him by the small wooden desk.

"(Y/N), sit," You didn't want to be here long, so you hurried to sit down.

The manager paced behind his desk, and looked over at you.

"I know you are struggling to pay rent and bills, but the quality of your work here isn't great," The manager had stopped pacing to stand behind his desk.

You had to stop yourself from yelling in his face, but you grunted instead. You were totally ready to go all ghetto on him.

"So,(Y/N), I think it's best if I let you go. . ." That got to you.

You growled, and got up from the chair. Your anger bubbled over, and you were too far out.

"You can't fire me, because I quit! You are a fat piece of shît, and I don't need you! I've hated working here since day one!" You finally told him what you've kept inside.

After you're outburst, you gather you stuff, and left the restaurant.

You walked to the bus stop, and looked at your phone. It was now 7pm, and the gray clouds came to view.

The thunder started roaring, and you knew you were stuck.

The rain fell against the bus stop as you sat safe inside. You had been waiting for about two hours.

Just before you could get up, someone sighed, and sat beside you.

You examined the person. A grey hood sat upon his head, and his head hung low. You couldn't see his face, but shades covered his eyes.

He sat there quietly, but you broke the silence.

"Hi," You croaked, crossing your legs under the bench. He glanced over at you, "Sup'" He answered, looking back to the ground.

"Sooo. . ." You hated being super quiet, and you wanted to talk to him for some reason.

"Yeah?" He asked, still looking down. The rain had slowed, but hadn't stopped yet. You sighed, "I just got fired today. . ." You told the stranger.

He grunted, "From where?" He asked, looking over at you. You smirked, "McDonalds'" You both sat quietly, but burst into laughter.

He grinned, "McDonalds'?" He rubbed his hands together, and looked at them. "Wow," He said.

"I know, right?" You encouraged, "Who gets fired from McDonald's?" He scoffed at you, "YOU do," You nodded with a smile on your face.

You felt close with him and liked his company, even knowing nothing about him.

The rain had cleared a bit, and a rainbow glowed from the sky. "Hey, that's pretty," You say, looking up in the sky with a smile. "Like you are. . ." He said, turning to look at you.

If you were any lighter, you'd be done for. "Thanks. . .stranger," You said, making him chuckle. You blushed even more. "I'm Justin," He spoke up, sitting up to grab your hand.

He brought it up to his lips, and gave it a delicate peck. You weren't used to all this flattery. "(Y/N)" You said, putting your hand in your lap.

"Cute name," He complimented, observing you. "I gotta go, but I think we should see more of each other." He told you, blessing you with another smile. "O-ok," You giggled at him.

He gave you his number, and you gave him yours.

You guys texted all day! That's a lot of texting. . .