"-but then I saw your wild form run into the room, causing chaos where you followed. Your beauty and braveness-" he stopped briefly once again, his eyes vague and hooded. "-and I was simply astounded by you, I couldn't let them have you, not for what they'd use you for. I felt obligated to buy you, Darcy. Before I knew what I was doing I pressed it and you were mine, but I couldn't have you, I couldn't of controlled my emotions around you, my pureblood would have killed you on the spot. So, I left you to Elijah, of which I said was a gift from the council, for the future king. He would more than believed that, he's a fool, and I knew he would take care of you, being as lonely as he is. But I was wrong and I'm sorry all this has happened to you Darcy."

I watched the pain coat his features as he breathed heavily, his muscles tense as he watched me closely for my response, seeming as though he'd already planned in his head how exactly I was going to respond, assuming the worst. I led still for a second, this didn't change anything. If it wasn't him, it would of been another and I was thankful for Elias, he protected me.

"It's fine, Elias." I spoke softly, pressed the tips of my fingers against his rough cheek as I softly drew circles, watching the tension in his jaw grow at my touch. "I'm thankful for you, I'm thankful for your protection of me. Others were bidding on me too, I believe everything happens for a reason and I was meant to be yours, Elias, I know it."

A small smile tugged at the corners of his deep red lips, igniting his beauty deeper as he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Get out!" Esree's familiar voice screeched through the walls, alerting wariness and danger as we both dived up, déjà Vu replaying over again as my heart went into overdrive.

"Stay here." Elias growled, frustration leaking through his skin as he pushed me back down, quickly scurrying out of the room. Now, being in the situation I was it would of seemed like common sense to remain in the room, where I was safe. However, I was a rebellious female and there was no way I wasn't going to try and help.

With that in mind, I scooted off the bed, suddenly realising i was now in a different shirt, a black one to be exact of which smelled a lot like Elias. Ignoring the thought of Elias changing me whilst I was sleeping, I trailed out after him, following the voices.

"Esree it's okay, this is Alex, he's a friend."

As soon as my presence hit the room, all eyes diverted to me, belittling me ridiculously as I shifted my weight from foot to foot, feeling my palms begin to sweat with anxiety. My eyes immediately caught a sharp green pair, of which darkness laced them eerily. The man stood just a little lower than Elias and had hair almost as long as mine, kept neatly in a tight ponytail. I grimaced, men wasn't supposed to have long hair. I tried to swallow down my judgement as he narrowed in on me, hissing violently as he took a step back. "Enough, she's with me." Elias spoke sharply, scolding Alex's behaviour quickly. I kept my head high and took a step forward, watching as Esree eyed Alex warily, noticing her uneasiness was almost as transparent as mine as I focused back on the male.

I folded my arms defensively, watching as I intimidated Alex more than I really should of done, after all, I was just a human to them.

With a questionable gaze, I couldn't refrain from opening my mouth. "Why are you here?"

It was strange, the sudden protective manner I had over this family now, so protective that I couldn't even prevent myself from intruding the way I was, I just couldn't help it. I watched Elias's eyes darken, I didn't miss the way his eyes wandered shamelessly over my body, lingering on my bare legs as he clenched his fists. I cleared my throat and returned my gaze over to Alex, who was giving me the most deadliest look a predator could ever give its prey.

"No, human, why are you here?"

I almost shivered at the disgust in his voice, I couldn't deny that I was a little offended by his rude tone of voice. However, I tried my best to mask it. "Enough." Elias growled, sending a look of annoyance in his friends direction as he walked over to me, butterflies fluttering all the while.

"Why are you here, Alex?"

I watched the sudden flick of emotion pass through his expression, so quick that he shrugged it off expertly, covering himself cooly. "News is out that there's a new Prince and Princess lingering the Coven, that true, Elias?"

Elias remained blank and kept his hands by his side as he focused in on his friend.

"How would you know?" I asked pointedly, not liking this male in the slightest. My voice was charging him guilty already, it was obvious and I didn't bother to conceal it.

"Their pictures are on television, human." He spat disgustingly, sending a look of hate my way as he clenched his fists. "-why didn't you tell me? Why would you keep that from me? Weren't we friends?"

I watched the fire ignite in Alex's eyes as his lip twitched ever so faintly, something wasn't right, I was sure of it. "I'm sorry, Alex, you need to understand the predicament I was in. My father is the King, if he would of known I'd left the house to associate with some of the Coven, he would of murdered me."

I observed closely as Alex nodded in understanding, his expression not faltering once as he fixed his gaze on me. "So three laws you have broken I see?" Although looking at me, his observation was directed at Elias, a rhetorical question perhaps?

"You can't give information on our whereabouts Alex, you must promise me." Elias spoke darkly, his voice void of humour and dripping with seriousness and intimidation.

"I've been your friend for how many years? Do you really think I would do that to you?" Alex asked with a little too much emotion than was necessarily needed.

"Of course not." Elias responded quickly, trying to keep his friends temper down. "Just precautions, Alex, if I didn't trust you, you would most likely be dead by now."

I cringed at Elias's choice of words, he would of probably done best to not of worded it like that. I bit my lip, unsure of Elias's friend as we all shifted uncomfortably in the silence. "Do you know what their next move is?"

Alex let out a sigh and folded his arms, almost mirroring me. "I'd imagine they'll put out a reward for your capture, you mustn't leave this house Elias, you won't stand a chance. You've broken two serious laws and murdered eleven members of the Council, they won't take that lightly."

Elias growled lowly beside me, forcing me to look up at him with sadness. He didn't deserve any of this, he was a good man and to be hidden by his father couldn't of been a very good experience. Neither for Esree being so young. "They left me no choice."

"I know." Alex mumbled, his expression tight and eerie. "-listen, I'll come back tomorrow with an update, remember don't leave this house."

I watched him turn on his feet after sending one last look of curiosity my way, his ponytail hanging low against his back as he walked to the front door, shutting it gently.

"Who is he?" I shot quickly, demanding answers as I stared up at Elias questionably.

"And how did he know we was here?" Esree fired soon after, sharing my doubt and suspicion as she walked up beside me.

Elias scratched the back of his neck, suddenly feeling uncomfortable with two females questioning him directly.

"I met him five years ago, I helped him in a fight and ever since we've been as close as ever. I visit him regularly, he's a good man once you get past his ugly front." Elias chuckled to himself, none of us sharing his humour as we frowned all the more.

"I don't trust him." I mumbled, forcing Elias to return my frown, now curious of my judgement.

"Why not?"

"I just don't, Elias!"