My Girl (feat. Garrett)

Comenzar desde el principio

Then it hit me. I was never Liam's girl. He never asked me to be his girlfriend. Is this why Garrett asked me out? To claim me before Liam could? Suddenly I couldn't tell if this was this some sort of game or competition to Garrett or if he had real feelings towards me.

"Well...?" Garrett broke my train of thoughts.

I cleared my throat and looked everywhere else but at Garrett. I didn't know how to turn down a guy because Liam was the first guy to ever ask me out. I have no experience on how to say no without hurting a boy's feelings. I got lucky with Liam. I liked him and he was the first boy to ever ask me out. I had no trouble saying yes to him. No was the furthest thing from my mind, and right now I couldn't think of a quicker way to say no to this boy.

My eyes immediately landed on Scott and Stiles dragging a very pissed off Liam into the locker room. "Shit," I mumbled. I pushed myself off the wall and looked back at Garrett. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

"But what about-?"

"I can't and I think you know why, Garrett." I ran towards the locker room.

As soon as I arrived in front of the boy's locker room door I heard Scott yelling, "You have to control it, Liam!"

"Damn it." I whispered. I knew it. I knew Liam saw me with Garrett and probably heard him asking me out.

"Liam!" I banged my fist against the door. "Open the damn door, Scott!"

"No! It's too dangerous for you, Y/N! Liam's a madman right now." Stiles let out a shriek. Liam must have tried to lunge towards him. "I'm begging you, leave!"

"NO!" I yelled back.

"I think it's best you go, Y/N." I heard Scott say loudly.

Before I refused to say no again, I heard Liam growling louder.

Liam's POV

"Liam...." I heard a soft whisper. "Liam, listen to my voice."

Is that...?

"I need you to stay calm. Take a deep breath," I heard her take a deep breath and breathed out. "And let it go. Do it again."

I began to mimic her breathing and slowly, but it's not working. The image of Garrett and Y/N together is still in my mind and I can hear Garrett's voice, 'So, would you like to go out Friday night?' making a small and painful roar escape from the back of my throat. I tried to get out of Scott's grip, but he only pushed me more into the ice-cold shower.

"Listen to my heart, Liam." She whispered.

I did. I listened to her voice and I listened to her heartbeat. It was beating fast, and it had a different rhythm than the one I heard a few minutes ago. Her heartbeat sounded like a hummingbird's flapping its wings, quick and sweet. Just like the one I've always heard when I'm with her.

Slowly and surely my heartbeat eases down, my claws disappear, and I feel my facial hair fading away. I sighed in relief. "Let her in," I whispered.

Scott let me go and nodded for Stiles to open the door. I see Stiles lose his balance as Y/N rushed through the door. Scott walked towards Stiles. "We'll give you two a minute, but I'll be right outside in case you flip out again."

"Are you sure we should leave her alone?" Stiles asked.

"We'll be fine," Y/N reassured them. "Get out!"

I turned around to turn off the water and gave my back towards Y/N. I could hear her footsteps growing louder the closer she got.

"Liam," I could feel her body heat inches away from mine, and I wanted nothing more than just take her in my arms, but I wasn't going to give in.

"Garrett's an ass." Her words surprised me, making me quickly turn towards her. Before I could ask her what the hell she was talking about, she continued. "He's an ass and I don't think you should be friends with him anymore."

"What?"

"He shouldn't have asked me out. You guys are friends," She took a step back. Her arms began to move around as she rambled. "You like me, and I like you. We're... I don't know what we are, but we're something, something enough that he shouldn't ask his friend's 'something' out. Right?"

"What did you tell him?"

"What?" She stopped in her tracks and looked at me.

"Did you say yes?"

"No! Dumbass!" She walked towards me. "I don't like him. I don't even think he's cute."

"You don't?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I thought he was cute; at least that's what every girl on campus says.

She cupped my face with her soft hands and I couldn't help but lean into her warm touch. "You are by far the cutest boy I've ever seen."

My hand searched for her hip and slowly slid it towards the small of her back, pulling her to me. The closer I leaned in, the faster her heart raced. I stopped, my lips inches away from hers, and whispered, "What made your heart race when you were at the door?"

"You," she whispered back, her warm breath touching my lips. "I just thought of you."

I quickly closed in the gap between us, pressing my lips softly against hers.

She pulls back with a huge smile on her face, "you're cute when you're jealous, minus the whole wolfing out problem."

"As long as I have my girl with me, I don't think we have to worry about that again."

"Your girl, huh?" She placed her hand on my cheek. "I like the sound of that." She leaned for another kiss.

"So do I."